The scoop that never was, Walter the freelance reporter

BillFish

BillFish

[FONT=&quot]The scoop that never was, Walter the freelance reporter

There was a demo in the city the other day, and I had decided that I'd done the rounds of pretty landscapes, some street etc and wanted to get some action shots and footage. So set off on my first freelance self appointed assignment in the car. I drove around the City one system past the demo, great, and hundred people with placards and flags chanting and waving. Now to find a parking space, as luck would have it a 4x4 pulled out of a space 400m from the demo.

I quickly stuck the ticket on windshield grabbed my camera and scurried to the demo, as I get there the place is empty apart from shoppers, I couldn't believe it, they had all fucked off back to work, and apparently it had been a lunch time demo.

Feeling a bit dejected I drove home, but on the way home suddenly there was a countywide power cut and all the traffic lights were out, I managed to squeeze may way through the chaotic traffic at the largest roundabout in the area, then thought? Why not get some epic footage of the traffic chaos and the inevitable epic crash that’s bound to happen as the cars zoomed over the junctions from the dual carriageway? This is my chance for my first TV report for sure!

I set my camera up on a tripod to video the chaos, from a vantage point and sure enough cars were just missing each other and taking risky chances, the frustrated drivers began to queue up and jump the junctions just missing each other at speed.

I rush home with my first scoop, this is going to be epic! On the local news tonight me thinks. I upload the footage to google drive and contact the local TV station, a reporter emails me back within the hour “ Yes please bill can we have the footage” replies the reporter. Elated I send him the link and ask him if he can email me when it’s going to be used.

I wait an hour, then [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]excitedly [/FONT]open the email reply he sends , yes! I think, my first TV scoop!.

His reply.

“I don’t mean the way this sounds bill, I know you went to a lot of effort to get the footage and all that, but the traffic seems as calm and mundane as my granny driving to the shops” [/FONT]:cry:

burt tomato

burt tomato

I can see that you are dog that bites.

Shame it was not carmaggedon !