• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

The Practical Handbook of Hearing Voices.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Rufus May (for those of you who have never heard of him he's kind of a big name in the hearing voices world) has just dropped a link on Facebook to a new book that's he's contributed to.

A section of the description is...

The book is presented in three parts: Part one, ‘Hearing our voices’, includes voice hearers’ perspectives as to what has helped them to recover from breakdown so that they are able to live full lives, including Hearing Voices Groups and peer support. Part two, ‘Emerging social and therapeutic approaches to working with voices’, explores different non-medical and therapeutic approaches that help voice hearers to make sense of and live well with their voices. Part three, ‘Creative approaches to working with voices’, describes using creative arts, such as dance, drama and poetry, to help voice hearers relate to their voices in positive ways.

Sounds like an interesting read, I've just ordered my copy which should arrive tomorrow. I will post a review once I've had a chance to read it.

C

Chipotle

sounds interesting and useful. Thanks