The Police

F

Funnyday

When I've been sectioned in the past. The police have performed searches of my person in the hospital. When being transported to the hospital by police they have cuffed me for some reason. Anyone else been mistreated by the police when they are involved?

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

Why are the police mistreating you guys? That's mean! They are abusing their power.

burt tomato

burt tomato

I started laughing and one of the big guys smacked me in the face.

When In Rome

When In Rome

When I was asked if I had a police record I said, yes, Walking On The Moon.

burt tomato

burt tomato

I may have exaggerated a bit. I did have an experience in a police station and it was interesting. I was also having a severe psychotic episode.

T

Twokiwisandabanana

The police are like my group of people
Some are good some are bad.
I don't like the mind set of some of them it feels like they are still little boysw trying to catch the 'baddies'
I got rested and this police man was mashing my head into the wall of the car.
And the new handcuffs they use are BARBARIC
I had wrist problems for months afterwards!
My lawyer even said they should not be allowed to use the cuffs they do now.
Things are more complex than the police think.

When In Rome

When In Rome

Sorry. Thanks for correcting me. :)
The fact that you realise it does make me humble. You shouldn't go around correcting people of course but it's crept into our language so much now that I find it incredible! And you know what, most likely in a few decades everyone will do it as the norm and the English language will have evolved into the txt-spk format, heaven forbid! :D

NicoretteGummed

NicoretteGummed

I've been held in the cells about ten times.

Only one of those times was I ever mistreated by the police and that was when I refused to leave hospital and the duty doctor said there was nothing wrong with me and was laughing at me so I kicked him in the bollocks.

I was at the height of my breakdown at the time and was drunk on white lightning at the time.

This was 1996.

Another time, 1998, I was suicidal and phoned the mental health ward i'd just spent 2 years in.

I said that I had a was imminently about to kill myself (this was a lie)

They seemed very concerned and kept me talking.

5 minutes later the doorbell goes off, I answer the door and am told to get on the floor.

I can see two meat wagons and the armed response unit are there with their guns trained on me.

I spent 72 hours in the local police cells and then a consultant said there was sweet fa wrong with me and set me packing.

I later found out from my parents had been informed that i'd told the ward that not only was I going to kill myself but also my mum, dad and sisters.

This was a total lie and in my opinion it was an effort of the local mental health leaders at the time to have me killed.

But the police, by and large, have always been very kind to me even when I've said very violent things.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

I've been held in the cells about ten times.

Only one of those times was I ever mistreated by the police and that was when I refused to leave hospital and the duty doctor said there was nothing wrong with me and was laughing at me so I kicked him in the bollocks.

I was at the height of my breakdown at the time and was drunk on white lightning at the time.

This was 1996.

Another time, 1998, I was suicidal and phoned the mental health ward i'd just spent 2 years in.

I said that I had a was imminently about to kill myself (this was a lie)

They seemed very concerned and kept me talking.

5 minutes later the doorbell goes off, I answer the door and am told to get on the floor.

I can see two meat wagons and the armed response unit are there with their guns trained on me.

I spent 72 hours in the local police cells and then a consultant said there was sweet fa wrong with me and set me packing.

I later found out from my parents had been informed that i'd told the ward that not only was I going to kill myself but also my mum, dad and sisters.

This was a total lie and in my opinion it was an effort of the local mental health leaders at the time to have me killed.

But the police, by and large, have always been very kind to me even when I've said very violent things.
That is so messed up that they lied about you like that! I am upset they did that to you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tired Daisy

Tired Daisy

The met police are a**holes right I was coming out the tube station and got personal with one because he thought I was just dogeing the fair but then I said I got my freedom pass and then I said he was being discriminated which he was because I have my own freedom pass which I'm entitled to right . He wanted my details and I told him to f**k off and then he said I could be arrested for swearing so Ijust walked on ignoring him and caught the bus for the rest of my journey back home :)