• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

the phone is ringing, what do I do?

A

abertha

I only have a phone to ring my other half and so he can ring me..it never makes a noise otherwise..but just now I got 5 texts in norwegian from another number, and now the phone is ringing all the time from a different number again. I don't want to pick up, I don't understand their language, why is this happening :cry:

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

If you're feeling strong you could try answering and telling them you think they have a wrong number. It could just be sales stuff so once you have told them no they should leave you alone (hopefully).

Hope that works, I hate the phone ringing like that. :scared:

A

abertha

I guess I wasn't feeling very strong - the phone just rang again and it was my boyfriend this time so I picked up, but I burst into tears on the phone and now I feel like such a freak. Can't one day just be normal :confused:

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Oh dear, did you tell your bf what was wrong? You're not a freak, I think it's a reasonable reaction to being bombarded with unwanted calls and texts if you're already a bit anxious about the phone.

Maybe if you can't answer the phone perhaps your bf could sometime?

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
My wife bought me a cheap pay as you go mobile.I dont answer the land line.Only she and my brother have the number so I'm not afraid to answer it.We dont have the land line plugged in.Otherwise it just rings constantly with people after money etc.

I

ixolite

http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/

or stick telephone preference service in search

government sponsored site where you can register to stop marketing calls to phone

mps is the equivalent for junk mail

hope this helps with some nuisance calls but unfortunately won't get rid of wrong numbers calls
my friend has phone with incoming number display so she can decide who to answer

J

just.me

Text the number back and say you have the wrong number, if you have a newish phone you can block incoming calls from certain numbers. Or answer it and tell them to f off.

T

Twylight

I usually pick up the Phone and Say - POLICE ! - and it does their head in

C

Clucky111

Founding Member
I answer in Welsh..it confuses them so much! Hope you're feeling better x

A

abertha

Thanks everyone. They rang again yesterday and I got my boyfriend to answer , but they just hung up. I would text them but it is from a land line! Hopefully they won't call again. :grouphug:

S

SmileyGirl

I get scared too about answering the phone.
Have allsorts of things in place, like people texting first before ringing landline, and number shown on phone, but its horrible when its number withheld - I feel like people are withholding their numbers on purpose just to freak me out!