• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

The people with mental health problems that are being stripped of their benefits

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Read the article. The current system is stupid and has been the straw that broke the camels back in regards to people taking their own lives. And yet the government still carries on. The dwp can talk all it wants about numbers and stats, but what about those who are still suffering? what about those who took their lives because of the decisions made by the dwp. And what about those who are in poverty because they were wrongly assessed.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I am probably alone in this, but I suspect this is part of a long-term strategy to rounding up the mentally ill and putting us in confinement camp. At the start we would be forced to do labour, but eventually we would just disappear. :mad:

N

natalie

Although I would and do wish to work, certainly part time mode, I h ope they don't connect to me, because i am on medical benefits, two types of medical benefits I hascent to add, and also, I happily manage with volunteering.

So hopefully, they shan't connect to me, they won't be able to anyhow, because, I am on incapacity benefit and also dla benefit.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
F Benefits system causing ‘unneccesary distress’ to people with mental health problems, report says Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
J Any jobs that mental health problems disqualify you from? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
T Atos home visit, my husband has severe mental health problems Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 21
F Mental health and debt problems: 'A marriage made in hell' Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
Toasted Crumpet Cuts to careers advice service for people with mental health problems Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 18
R I've had to declare a history of mental health problems....worried. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 22
L Do you think those diagnosed with mental health problems have equal opportunities? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
F The most toxic issue facing those with mental health problems is stigma Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 10
A Developers and a London council are excluding anyone with mental health problems from a £500m scheme Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
D Anyone else having trouble with esa clains and mental health problems ? atos is there to stop the payment not assess you ! replies welcomed and advice Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
K Student mental health Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
C Pip phoning mental health team Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
P Mental health and working and pip advice Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
P Need help with first time ESA assessment / ESA 50 / Severe mental health issues Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 13
N Non state financial support for mental health Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 10
Heidrun Mental health and society Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
M PIP mental health claim rejected, need advice. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 45
J Dropping out of college because of mental health and finance issues Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
N Insurance covering mental health issues Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
AliceinWonderland PIP assessors assessing those with mental health issues NEED to be qualified in mental health Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 19
S Mental Health is better so I want to try volunteering but am afraid of losing my benefits! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
F Mental health and money advice Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
D Pip reassesment mental health Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
I Mental health sick leace Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
T PIP for mental health - medication Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
cpuusage Fitness for work test has led to deterioration in mental health, say researchers Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
ScaredCat Volunteering can be bad for mental health without the right welfare support Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
S "Some people fake mental health..." Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
cpuusage DWP 'tells disability benefits assessors to discriminate against people with mental health conditions' Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
G Mental health stigma against mental health professionals Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
F Mental health and money survey Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
T Defaults due to mental health on credit file Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
Nikita Important news mental health charity mind is applying to work as dwp work coaches! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
L What information should I give to mental health services? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
P Discharge from mental health team Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
E Unstable living situation has worsened my mental health Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
M Experience of people with mental health conditions in police custody or witness to an event Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
B priority homeseeker, reasonable preference with mental health Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
cpuusage DWP Hires Miracle Lifestyle Guru Who Claims 95% Success Rate In Curing Mental Health Conditions! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 24
R Getting housing on mental health grounds Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
T Left in the sticks. ESA for mental health. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 40
S Mental health mobility pass Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
amathus Debt and mental health (article) Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
M Probation period at work extended due to 'potential absence related to mental health' Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
F Why are personal budgets not used more in mental health? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
S Why do we ignore the mental health aspects of crime? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 12
F Employer bias against mental health conditions rife, study reveals Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 10
F Mental health anti-stigma programs are (broadly) successful Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
B Why is my Housing Association asking about my Mental Health? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
R Poor police treatment and mental health. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6