• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

The past catches up with me.

jj_dystopia

jj_dystopia

I have a problem that involves worrying about the past too much. I've been bullied at school, and had a lot of family problems, one of which was when my baby sister Robyn passed away. Since I have been living on my own, trying to be independant from my family, but unfortunately, I have to keep in contact with them somehow, and can't escape their criticism and constant disputes.

I've recently broken up with my ex boyfriend, and now I'm finding it hard to be alone because my thoughts keep attacking me. I can't sleep, and I find myself crying so hard for hours and for days on end, and I don't know what to do. I do, however, want to be with him, but we have a few issues of our own to sort out.

I try so hard to move on, but I'm living in the past, and can't escape the feeling. It drives me mad!

What should I do in order to look to the future more? :confused:

Neferakhet

Neferakhet

You should constantly try to do something and remain active.When those thoughts from the past starts attacking your mind.. Try different activities,be busy with something.Try many different things.This is one solution I can think of.

jj_dystopia

jj_dystopia

Yes, that's a good suggestion, Neferakhet. Thank you.

J

jamesdean

Firstly welcome:oops::welcome: theres an icon that does that for me.

You really have been through the mill i hope that be can be supportive here towards your difficulties JD