• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

The past bothers me so much!

jj_dystopia

jj_dystopia

I've had a few hurtful and almost disconcerting events happen in my life that have left me depressed and lacking in trust. I stay awake at night just thinking about the things that have upset me in the past. I just want to move on!

Sometimes it gets so bad that I just want to kill myself, but I can never bring myself to even try. I get so angry and frustrated, especially when I'm alone and can't get any company. It gets to me so much.:mad:

S

Soren

hi jj. yeah i do that too. i lie awake til the sun comes up, thinking about what people have have done to me, how infuriating their attitude is, how they've destroyed my life, and what i'd like to do in return.

i find its much worse if you haven't told (or can't tell) those people exactly what you think of them.

i reckon its better if you can calmly spell out to someone what a s**t you think they are, without being aggressive or threatening. then you don't really need to take any revenge or anything (at least sometimes), and so hopefully you don't provoke more retaliation.

failing that though, i've been advised to deliberately stop ruminating about things by consciously distracting yourself (reading, thinking about something else, physical exercise etc.). easy advise to give, i know.

good luck jj.

C

CarlC

Hey JJ
I don`t know whats happened in your life,but all i can say is just try and forget about it, listen to some music, scream, right stuff on paper to it like (if it`s an ex) write f*** u <the problem> you are making my life hell and i don`t need that s*** so p***, trust me i know it sounds stupid but write something like that down as i did it the other day and it helped, i suppose it`s like showing the outer world what you think if you know what i mean like, it`s as if the thought has left you, and is now on that paper.Oh say it out loud.Try and be where there`s some noise, so you ain`t with just your consounce(think i spelt it wrong),
Take up a new hobby or get involved in voluntary work, and general try and keep your mind busy, it`ll soon pass.

Best of luck.

Carl

P.S like i`ve said i don`t know what it is, but the above is what has helped me.

J

jamesdean

I've had a few hurtful and almost disconcerting events happen in my life that have left me depressed and lacking in trust. I stay awake at night just thinking about the things that have upset me in the past. I just want to move on!

Sometimes it gets so bad that I just want to kill myself, but I can never bring myself to even try. I get so angry and frustrated, especially when I'm alone and can't get any company. It gets to me so much.:mad:
I would think it sounds like you are dealing with depression i'm not a dr though so I cannot diagnose though pre ad's I used to have deal with all this shit now I dodnt hardly even think about my past certainly not with so much anger that you are holding,I have been on the ad's for perhaps about 9 years n they have done such good in my life,life used to be so raw n beleive me I'mnot advocating them I'm just saying it takes time but I think that they might just cure my depression in the end though it could also be giving up fags for me do you smoke because thay are such negative tools.