• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

The only was is up

C

colin1967

After enduring the worst year of my life, i got a phonecall yesterday offering me a job at last. Hopefully this will get rid of the last demons in my head. To everyone on here, even when you think there is no way out of your illness, lady luck WILL shine on you one of these days and drag you out of the darkness. Im so happy now, the feeling is amazing. :clap:

G

Gredge23

I wish I cud double like your post Colin :) well done

C

colin1967

thanks Gredge, hopefully this is the end of my woes, and my daughters daft old dad is back again :D

In the Clouds

In the Clouds

Well done! Never give up. :) Although I don't know you this has really cheered me up, so glad to see :D

C

colin1967

I feel everything is getting a lot better. The dark place i was in, was the worst ever. I tried to end it all a few times using heroin and ropes. Im still here and im still fighting the good fight. So whoever thinks of ending it all, think about who it would effect and how they would be affter the `event` . It does get better. All you need to do, is, keep on top of it and dont let it win.............

In the Clouds

In the Clouds

I admire your courage and I'm glad things are improving.

C

colin1967

Thanks x , i think if you can close that door to that dodgy room, then you will win very easily. Its trying to close it what done me in. I tried so hard but it was too much, i fell into an abyss so deep , that it took me ages to get out off. But im on a roll now and im not far from the top.

In the Clouds

In the Clouds

I'm glad you're nearly there! Just remember that if you need a little time to yourself and to take a step back from everything, that you're not any closer to that door - you're just having a break in the same place near the top. :) x

C

colin1967

Wow, what a way with words you have. Thanks, thats a really nice post. x

In the Clouds

In the Clouds

Thank you, I'm glad it helped. :) x

C

colin1967

Depression is a lonely illness. See by talking online or wherever, it gets rid of the demons, and releases all the shit thats emotionally deep within you. The way to beat it is, to share it, dont be ashamed. Talking is the way forward imo.

In the Clouds

In the Clouds

I really believe so too. I honestly think the hardest step, as said by many people, is admitting that something is wrong and seeking help. People can provide happiness, fun and a different way of thinking which I found was exactly the support I needed. :)

C

colin1967

Admitting being depressed is the hardest thing to do by a man. We are meant to be strong physically and mentally. Thats why it took me 20 odd years to myslef to admit i had a problem, by then it was well too late. Maybe one day ................