The Netherlands

T

Twylight

I was wonderin if in Amsterdam - where cannabis is legal and sold openly in street cafe's - If more people suffer from psychosis ?

A

Apotheosis

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ksrI6fu232w&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ksrI6fu232w&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]​

T

Twylight

I know the the occurence of Schizophrenia affects 0.8% - 8 in a thousand

And this is true throughout the world

I was just curious if Holland had a higher percentage

A

Apotheosis

I am not familiar enough with the statistics, but it is a good question. From what I can remember different strains of cannabis affect outcomes. I think that it's strains higher in CBD's - Are more likely to lower incidences of psychosis; while strains higher in THC can increase occurrence. There is also a question mark over age; it would appear that there is some link to cannabis usage & increased susceptibility to psychosis in younger people. As far as I know there is no definite proof as to cannabis being a cause of schizophrenia; although cannabis is linked to psychosis. Certain strains of cannabis can however exasperate symptoms.

If the question is of interest to you; then why not run some Google searches?

T

Twylight

where I live there's 80 flats housing about 200 adults

I know of 6 people with MH issues - which is 3%.

A

Apotheosis

where I live there's 80 flats housing about 200 adults

I know of 6 people with MH issues - which is 3%.
Which is about right for severe forms of mental illness. If we were counting general breakdowns, milder depressions, general anxieties, emotional upset etc etc etc - then most, if not all the country is mad. This isn't to make comparisons; but those most severely afflicted with very severe MH experiences; I would say are a pretty small percentage.

Schizophrenia is 1 in a hundred - that accounts for 1% - count the other 2% as an assortment - of likely severely depressed.

I used a lot of drugs - no doubt the drugs contributed to things, exasperated things & made things a whole lot worse. Are they to blame & to cause for all the upset? - NO - I don't think so. The condition I have been labelled with - Schizophrenia - has not had sole cause in drug use. If that were true them the Millions of other habitual drug users in this country would all be schizophrenic too.

Last edited:
T

Twylight

Which is about right for severe forms of mental illness. If we were counting general breakdowns, milder depressions, general anxieties, emotional upset etc etc etc - then most, if not all the country is mad. This isn't to make comparisons; but those most severely afflicted with very severe MH experiences; I would say are a pretty small percentage.

Schizophrenia is 1 in a hundred - that accounts for 1% - count the other 2% as an assortment - of likely severely depressed.

I used a lot of drugs - no doubt the drugs contributed to things, exasperated things & made things a whole lot worse. Are they to blame & to cause for all the upset? - NO - I don't think so. The condition I have been labelled with - Schizophrenia - has not had sole cause in drug use. If that were true them the Millions of other habitual drug users in this country would all be schizophrenic too.
Agreed....