• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

The national lottery

Funnyday

Funnyday

My voices have told me that if I win the national lottery. That they will come for me and force me to hand it all over to them. Should I give in and stop playing it. I spend £12 a week on the lottery. I've had a few 4 numbers wins and lucky dips every so often.

O

On Fire

Probably stop playing it then. I usually listen to my voices if they tell me something like that.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Keep on playing it’s important to challenge your voices. xo, j

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I don't listen to my voice, if he said something like that I'd tell him to mind his own business and carry on playing.

I don't believe my voice has any physical presence in the world, I believe he's completely in my head but I still believe he's a real consciousness, separate but also intertwined with my own.

C

candycane

My voices have told me that if I win the national lottery. That they will come for me and force me to hand it all over to them. Should I give in and stop playing it. I spend £12 a week on the lottery. I've had a few 4 numbers wins and lucky dips every so often.
Please talk to someone,here voices like that,is not normal.

C

candycane

hearing sorry for the mistake

Prettyroses99

Prettyroses99

I know people that spend money on lottery, they sometimes overspend and get themselves in trouble. Maybe they are concerned about playing and want you to stop.

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

I'm a math person, your chances of winning big money on Lotterys are pretty small. If you want to play them just for entertainment, fine. But don't spend anything more than you can afford to lose, because 99.9999999% of the time you will.

N

natalie

It's always a best policy never to listen voices, that's very dangerous as you have implied, please do book a gp appointemnt, or if you are under cmht, I can;'t remember now which, and you must seek urgent mental health heard voices, assistance int his, and please do stop playing the lottery I do as well, and I must admit, I have never ever experienced this problem type you have.

Best regards all,

Natalie.

Funnyday

Funnyday

They don't have my best interests at heart. They are out for whatever they can get.

Spooky tooth

Spooky tooth

Listening to the voice thing is very dangerous in my experience , I was like a slave zombie to it which almost got me into some real serious shit .
Thankfully I was detained in a half way house & given downers till one of my family could rescue me.

W

wellness

I'd say double your bets on the Lottery if the Voices want to stop you from doing something from my experience with mine it is usually when it is something that is good for you or you are enjoying it ....

Have you observed when you do something bad do these very same Voices ever try to Stop you then ???

Funnyday

Funnyday

I can't say that I've observed that. The voices have a mind all of their own. They really do.