• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

The Mindful Way Through Depression

blackdog

blackdog

Founding Member
Has anyone used the book and CD "The Mindful Way Through Depression" ? It's been recomended to me and apparently the NHS are looking at it as a therapy, I just wondered if anyone has used it and if so what were their experiences.

D

Dollit

I haven't used this book or CD but I've practising Mindfulness for quite a while now. It's been trialled in Swindon as a therapy for depression. I find it incredibly useful and started doing it because it was recommended by my consultant. He practises mindfulness and recommends it widely. You can get more information on it at www.bangor.ac.uk/mindfulness - think that's the right URL.

A

Apotheosis

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2bAXwBbCtHg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2bAXwBbCtHg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
I've got the book but have been hopless at getting through it. The first chapter talks through a few case studies and these sent me lower so my OH took the book away and I've not really picked it up seriously since. The concept of mindfullness however really does appeal so I'm sure I'll get through the book at some point. So I'd kinda reccomend it... you might want to look at a more general book on mindfullness as an alternative. I think there's one by 'Zin' (I think that's his name) that's good to look at. Have a look on Amazon.

Good luck!

blackdog

blackdog

Founding Member
Thaks honeyquince, I thought I was the only one who had got the book, started it and given up on it. But I will give it a serious go I think and let everyone know how it ....goes.

Also thanks for the film apotheosis, that guy's got a good voice and right speed, pitch etc, I really like it.:)