The mindful way - the Thai forest tradition

Kerome

Kerome

I came across this video a few weeks ago and I thought I would share it. It is a little older and is about the monks who live in Thailand in the forests. They have made the effort to return to the original way the monks lived in the time of Buddha - in the mornings they go on an alms round, they eat what they are given, have very few possessions, are forbidden to handle money, and so on.

So if you've ever wondered what it's like to live in that way, this is a nice introduction, it really carries the atmosphere.

Parayana

Parayana

Thanks Kerome. Its a video I've watched a few times already. I'm heavily influenced by the Thai Forest Tradition. I've pretty much read everything published by Ajahn Chah and Ajahn Sumedho several times.

Kerome

Kerome

Have you been listening to Ajahn Amaro as well? He took over the UK monastery when Ajahn Sumedho retired, and his YouTube videos are very good, I like him.

Parayana

Parayana

Yes I've listened to some of Ajahn Amaro Dhamma talks. I've also got a free book by him from Forest Sangha publications. While you can't get the free books outisde the UK unless there is a monastery in your country they are available to download for free in e-book format.