• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

The Many Forms of Anxiety

C

Chaz20

Hi, I’m Charles I’m 20 Male and have been suffering with anxiety most of my teenage years, so about coming onto almost 10years. The anxiety often makes my head tingle, I like to call it a buzzy head. I also suffer with Tourette’s with some vocal and motor tics, although these aren’t as bad as a lot of other sufferers. My anxiety is rather generalised which could be GAD, but most of it is health anxiety, with me always worrying about some major illness. For example big ones for me are Heart Attack, Brain Tumour, aortic aneurysm and brain aneurysms. I also have bad OCD in terms of doing certain things a number of times normally that magic number being 4. Out of interest what’s your magic number? The OCD also worsens intrusive thoughts I’ve found.

I’ve been through a few therapists and some Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), but ended finding a child doctor/psychiatrist who transitioned me onto an SSRI Citalopram, helped me the most but sadly after 18, I couldn’t see him anymore. They passed my records onto the local doctors but that hasn’t proven to be as useful for me.

At the moment I’m going through phases of bad anxiety due to it being summer and me not having anything to focus my mind on as much. Hopefully soon I can also go out more and see friends which has tended to improve my mental health.

Sorry I know this is a bit of an introductionanary post and in a sense it is, but I also wanted to highlight my journey with anxiety to everyone as anxiety comes in many different forms and they tend to come together such as OCD, Tourette’s, Health anxiety and Generalised Anxiety Disorder. It’s why dealing with anxiety as a collective feeling is so hard because of its many different types and forms. Thanks for reading my short anxiety story, in a sense it’s been a success but the battle is far from over and it’s one I plan to win. 🙂

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello Charles, welcome to the forum.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Missypoo1969 Need friends. So many issues. Introduce Yourself 23
L Never imagined we were so many Introduce Yourself 17
T Hi I'm new here and I seem to be.struggling with so many emotions the past week. Introduce Yourself 8
F Hello! Im new here i have many mental problems like anxiety and fatigued all time. Any other? Introduce Yourself 5
i_must_be_mad Not been on here for many years - life been tough Introduce Yourself 3
R Hi I’m here as I have many issues Introduce Yourself 2
C ???? So many Introduce Yourself 4
A Am in deep depression due to many factors Introduce Yourself 5
J Hi, I’m James, worked in mental health and work rehab for many years. Just split from a relationship with a malignant narcissist/sociopath. Introduce Yourself 8
B New to the forum: too many problems to list? Introduce Yourself 2
8 Hi, how many people have been let down by the CMHT? Introduce Yourself 6
D To many evil people in my house Introduce Yourself 30
D Genuinely not sure where to start. Can't deal with conflict, on any level. Feel helpless on many levels. Introduce Yourself 7
P Helloo, new here, many reasons why:) Introduce Yourself 5
D hi new here. I'm looking to learn and share my bipolar/PTSD/ADHD struggles with so many meds.I need help to determine Introduce Yourself 2
keepsafe So many new people Introduce Yourself 1
intrepid Many co-existing conditions... looking for guidance. Introduce Yourself 10
O Just feeling pent up on so many tablets and was sick on a train today, with relief a wise woman gave me licorice. Introduce Yourself 3
S Has anyone else developed anxiety & depression after taking prescribed zomorph for years for chronic pain Introduce Yourself 7
L Looking for support and advice on anxiety Introduce Yourself 14
S Nearly lifelong anxiety issues Introduce Yourself 9
D Hi all i have suffered with anxiety on and off for 30 years Introduce Yourself 11
M Apophenia/Coincidences/Perceived Patterns leading to anxiety Introduce Yourself 1
D Dizziness, Panic Attacks, Shaking, Anxiety Introduce Yourself 8
S diagnosed with general anxiety disorder after stopping smoking Introduce Yourself 15
T Hello Everyone -2nd Battle of Anxiety Introduce Yourself 3
J Anxiety Introduce Yourself 2
K Hello everybody, I have a condition called anxiety Introduce Yourself 15
C New to Anxiety Introduce Yourself 6
L Ocd/anxiety/retroactive jealousy Introduce Yourself 33
R Health anxiety Introduce Yourself 5
C Social Anxiety Introduce Yourself 5
D Health anxiety is pulling me down Introduce Yourself 6
darknutmeg Dealing with Anxiety Introduce Yourself 3
Shenon Another anxiety sufferer Introduce Yourself 10
F just need to express my severe anxiety and emotional issues Introduce Yourself 6
O Major depression and general anxiety Introduce Yourself 13
M Suffering from health anxiety Introduce Yourself 6
F anxiety Introduce Yourself 9
S Anxiety sufferer looking for a friendly chat. Introduce Yourself 12
R I struggle with derealization, anxiety depression Introduce Yourself 4
R I think I am broken. Getting help for my anxiety and ect is causing me anxiety. Introduce Yourself 8
T Health Anxiety, So ready to give up, I physically ache with pain and depression! Introduce Yourself 15
K Health Anxiety & GAD Introduce Yourself 18
Dragonfly111 New here, health anxiety, recent losses in family Introduce Yourself 8
S New here. Anxiety central lol Introduce Yourself 4
Y Anxiety or maybe its not Introduce Yourself 6
S Generalised Anxiety or OCD? What do you think? Introduce Yourself 5
G Hello I would love to talk with people who are suffering from anxiety Introduce Yourself 47
P Hi there.. post breakdown and experiencing depression, anxiety and ptsd. Introduce Yourself 25