The long wait for receiving back my driving license

F

Funnyday

It seems to be taking forever. I returned my license to DVLA when I was hospitalised back in March 2017. Its now the end of September 2018 and I still have another couple of weeks to go.

I know that a section of the law allows for me to drive while waiting for my license back. The trouble is though, that I can't get insured without a physical license to give the insurance company a copy of.

I've already purchased a car. It's a BMW 330ci in Black. I can't wait to drive it. I look out at it when ever I walk past the window. It looks epic!

burt tomato

burt tomato

It always takes a long time to get my license back. The doctors takes ages to reply.

Nice car btw. Did you get a good deal?

Are you working?

F

Funnyday

Yes, I did get a good deal. I'm not working. I will do less than 2,000 miles a year. If any of my previous cars are a comparison. So the servicing and maintanance shouldn't be too much. The best insurance quote that I have received is £470. About the same as my old Vectra 2.5 CDX

What are you driving at the moment?

burt tomato

burt tomato

That is a good quote.

I don't have a car at the minute but I am starting a new job next week, so could get one. I was considering leasing a VW Polo but will probably not. The other option is to get a used car, probably a Honda Jazz mk2. I owned a mk1 previously and loved the car. It is practical and reliable.

F

Funnyday

Good luck with the job. One thing that I like about owning a car is that you don't have any long waits for public transport in the freezing cold.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Yeah with you. IDK, I have to use public transport to commute to work, would just use a car for social in the evenings and weekend.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Yes, I did get a good deal. I'm not working. I will do less than 2,000 miles a year. If any of my previous cars are a comparison. So the servicing and maintanance shouldn't be too much. The best insurance quote that I have received is £470. About the same as my old Vectra 2.5 CDX

What are you driving at the moment?
i'd think the insurance would be more than that with your illness/condition, have you declared it if not your driving without valid insurance, i'd think the dvla would mention it to the insurance

my insurance says proposer schitzoprenia no treatment though i'm on meds, the gp said to write to them as his experience is if they can get out of it they will, i phoned them guy said it'll be on your notes don't worry about it

half the time i'm too terrified to drive my scooter, don't go further than the supermarket and back, bit of a waste of money, maybe a hobby

F

Funnyday

i'd think the insurance would be more than that with your illness/condition, have you declared it if not your driving without valid insurance, i'd think the dvla would mention it to the insurance

my insurance says proposer schitzoprenia no treatment though i'm on meds, the gp said to write to them as his experience is if they can get out of it they will, i phoned them guy said it'll be on your notes don't worry about it

half the time i'm too terrified to drive my scooter, don't go further than the supermarket and back, bit of a waste of money, maybe a hobby
Yes I have declared my medical condition to the insurance company. I informed DVLA way back in 2008.

burt tomato

burt tomato

I like browsing cars on AutoTrader but always end up looking at the same model. :)

F

Funnyday

Yeah I look at cars for sale too. On autotrader, ebay and Piston heads.

F

Funnyday

Some nice cars on that site. I like how they get cash too, to pay for the upkeep. Insurance would be a killer.
You would probably need to use the £20,000 for the insurance on some of the cars that they have on their website. I would probably take the cash option over the car. I'd use it to start my own business.

burt tomato

burt tomato

I would be tempted to take the cash too. I would look to buy my own house somewhere.

burt tomato

burt tomato

I have a one year license - it is being reviewed at the minute. I hope I get a three-year license this time.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i can't drive got a 3yr provisional license then on renewal it became life, psychiatrist said you seem preoccupied are you sure your safe to drive a moped and laughed, i said to her i've been waiting here for an hour the alarm has gone off

you know the siren that goes off everytime someone escapes