the lilttle girl lost

W

wee yin

I was diagnosed 5yr ago with BPD, my GP wasnt notified of the pysciatrits findings & i have went all this time without proper help & being put on the wrong meds. I have a reluctence to work with people from the mental health sector as i have seen so many people sine i was 12 (now 29) without any productive outcome, the meds dont agree with me so i dont wish to take them.
I have to be assesd again but im sick of playing the same record over again. i am also terrified the other pysciatrist has made no record at all of his findings, leaving me back at square 1, knowing the wiring is all wrong with no way to fix it, im just very lost n confused :confused:

Jo1760

Jo1760

Sorry to hear you have had such a tough time with MH professionals and your GP.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find it a useful place

S

Sparkle Chris

Welcome to this friendly and helpful place :hug:

Sorry to hear that you are lost in confusion. Maybe your knew pdoc will do a proper assessment and find a solution to help you (this could be in coorperation with your GP?). Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Chris

BORTU

BORTU

Hello Wee Yin,

It can be difficult to find the right meds. Tell the pdoc about it.

Don't worry, mistakes are made but if you keep going it should turn out ok.

keepsafe

keepsafe

Welcome to the forum,

I hope that on this assessment they get things right for you for once - its all very daunting - hope that you manage to get the help you need.

KS

W

wee yin

Thank you all for the kind words & support, i have found this site so helpfull in many ways, i find it reasurring that im not alone & that others go through the same/similar experinces to me, im not crazy & its only now reading the different threads i trully belive that as others have coping mechanisms the same as me, its almost strangely comforting. for the 1st time in my life there are people who really do understand.
I saw my pdoc today, the diagnosis is correct and there in my records (it was sent to the people who sanctioned the assesment, my addiction worker just didnt see fit to pass it to my GP)
i am to start mood stabizers which i will take as i do want to get better or at least have some controll over this.

BORTU

BORTU

Hi Wee Yin.

Glad to hear you are getting help from a pdoc. Good luck.