• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

The last week... Trigger Warning - Eating

H

HollyR

Hi guys,

A little update on how things have been going on my new medication Citalopram, it's actually been settling me quite nicely, I am aware that this may change in the coming weeks as my body adjusts to something new, but at the moment it's going well.

Sadly my battle with Anorexia is relapsing again, in the last week I have found myself very conscious of my weight and what I eat. I can't see the extent of it at the moment, but my family are very worried, so I am trying hard to combat it. With lockdown it's just hard to be distracted.

But in the last three days I have been very active in the garden, I have been planting flowers, painting pots and I even made a dream catcher! Side note they're so much harder to make than they look, requires a lot of patience and fiddling with string haha! But it turned out beautifully, I'm very proud of it.

Yesterday we had an incident where a man was trying to steal our fence panel, and my partner asked him why he was trying to take it and he said 'I know it's not mine, I just wanted to play with it' and at this point we realised that he didn't have much mental capacity. So he explained that he can get into a lot of trouble doing things like this, and the man agreed and left. About ten minutes later he came back and tried it again, so my partner went back out there and the man threw a brick at him and tried to stab him with a nail! At this point we realised that something else needed to be done about it, he was in the middle of the road with cars coming, he didn't seem to have any danger awareness. My partner got him in the front garden while I called the police, at this point the man tried to punch him and bite him, me and my partner both have experience working with people with the same sort of issues, so we know how to restrain people safely. My partner had to get him on the floor because he was becoming very dangerous. Him and his step dad had him on the floor, and luckily an off duty police officer came by and helped us out with the situation and said we were doing the right thing. In the end he was taken home by the police and was safe, we were just upset for him because it was clear that he shouldn't be outside unattended because he can become very dangerous, and he didn't seem to realise that what he was doing was wrong.

We all remained calm, including me! I was so proud of that! I didn't have a panic attack or anything along those lines!

Overall, I think this medication is doing me good, so I am going to persevere with it :)

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I'm sorry to hear that you think you may be relapsing, I hope it's just a minor set back.

Happy to hear you and your partner are alright after this incident.

How's the singing coming along, uploaded anything new lately?