The Last post........

Andrewbpd

Andrewbpd

The Last post… Hurray I here you all cry.

I am surprised that everything that is said and suggested is so heavily criticised.
If anyone is an expert on BPD they should know that it is as divers as the persons personality so you could say that there is no correct answers’.
I personally respect other people’s opinions and treat them as an education.
I also will not judge people on there beliefs and behaviours’.
When I first came in this forum I never stated that I was an expert yet people
Seemed to demand proof of the things that I do. Yet all I do is help.
For example I frequently use the word “we” in training courses because it breaks down the barrier of us and them for some service users it also promotes the working together spirit that can be very affective. But still it is criticised because its purpose was not recognised.
Then my spelling and grammar was the issue and the forum is supposed to be about BPD.
Yes this last post has been done in Microsoft word and cut across.
All In all it has been an experience, and yes I take away some knowledge in the process.
However I didn’t feel that welcome, or is it because I have a condition called BPD.

Anyway the phonelines are beginning to pickup and I have to talk people out of suicide.
Mornings around 05:30 are never good.

On a good note I wish you all the best for the future and keep safe.

Best Regards. Andrew.

Maxitab can you be so kind as to delete my profile.

Pixie37

Pixie37

Hi Andrew,

I have read your posts on this forum. I have little knowledge of bpd just been diagnosed. I think you may be taking things the wrong way. Possibly feeling sensitive. I am sure this is more an issue between you and another member here. The both of you have different knowledge, beliefs etc on bpd. Spelling etc doesnt matter. Its hard for me to understand intellectual post on bpd. You haue been welcomed here.

A

Ainsworth

i dont know what has gone on here, i dont log in much atm.

but i dont think you should leave.

i dont really mind being classed as 'we', mainly because ive been alone with MH all my life. to know others feel the same way i do is a comfort. everyone has opinion on here. we will agree and disagree thats life.

maybe take afew days to think about it first before you are deleted.

C

cfb107

Hi andrew; please don't leave. Stay a little longer and give ppl a chance to get to know you.

As I heard a wise person say once: where people meet together, the question is not whether conflict will arise. The question is how we deal with it when it does arise, because it will - conflict is a part of life.

I'm really sorry you feel picked on - I don't think anyone's meant you to feel like that. I certainly haven't.

maxitab

maxitab

I'm leaving your profile andrew. I was someone who did not agree with all your opinions, but that does not mean I did not appreciate them or you. I think cfb is right, and conflict is an inevitable part of life. Yes, sometimes words are heated and I apologise if you have been hurt. I hope you will continue with us and maybe find both useful support and information as well as sharing it.......

amathus

amathus

Hi Andrew, I would like to echo the thoughts expressed in this thread,
please take time to reconsider.

qf.

F

Freya

Andrew- I know you are refering to me as well. When I questioned your qualifications it was because you were stating something about BPD on a thread and claiming to be an authority on BPD and generalising that "all" those with BPD were a certain way/more likely to be a certain way.
Now as I stated then I have no problem with your opinion or you but I do have a problem with anyone claiming to be an expert/authority on a subject (a lecturer etc) making claims about 'everyone' or seeming to force what is essential their own individual opinion or experience upon others and making them feel their opinion/experience is invalid just because you say so.

C

cfb107

claiming to be an authority on BPD and generalising that "all" those with BPD were a certain way/more likely to be a certain way.
This basically sums up very well what I have challenged you on (thanks freya :)). Also I don't really see any space for an "authority" because we are all authorities on BPD here!!! :D

bullybeef

bullybeef

Hi Andrew,

I echo the thoughts of others on here. Some of us have traveled a long road (i.e age) carrying this affliction(BPD) and now have the load lightened through experience. I for one am a very, very lucky person in as much as it does seem to get easier with age. It never goes away and can strike without warning, but having experienced the scary thoughts, fears and anger on so many occasions, they just don't have a grip for too long anymore.

Some of us just know how to talk our way out of the situation (even to the mirror!!) by using tips and tricks from therapists and our own methods that work for us.
I don't believe any of us are experts, just experienced. I came on here, not because I want help, but because I can offer my two pence worth (tuppence to us silver surfers!!) of experience
Andrew, please don't take offence and stay with us. Your opinion is welcomed equaly as anyone else's is.