The journey of OCD to its end...

P

pinky

i had OCD , it about 5 years back, i had been struggling and fighting with OCD since 4 years without getting any support and psychological help, i had only obsessions (relegious obsessions), which were so severe that it was hard for me to concentrate any other thing , where ever i was, in the class room, market, home, anywhere i could'nt get rid of that. it was so painfull to have OCD all the time and had mental fighting with thoughts.
One day when i came to know that its OCD, then i went to psychologist. Believe me or not, only after having four sessions i was like having a new life. it was the happiest moment of my life when i got free from my obsessions. since then i am living OCD free life by the grace of God.:)

What you are is God's gift to you, what you make of yourself is your gift to God.

- Jewish Proverb

T

TiredofDepression

I wanna know what types of religious OCD thoughts you had and how you got better??? My hubby's on Paxil for depression/OCD, hes been on it forever, and will be on it forever. What did the psychologist do for you?

PS: so glad your better!

P

pinky

As i am a muslim so i had obsession of covering head with scarf, i had to cover my head at any cost becuse if i didnt i wouldn't go in the heaven and i felt as if someone in my mind forcing me to do that in the form of repetitive thoughts, that was really miserable for me. During those days i was a student of master in psychology i during attending lectures of OCD i came to realize about my problem, then i went to my campus counsellor. There is a technique in psychological treatment called "disputing" it is based on counter questioning with the client so she did the same with me. she told me that i had made a pile of anxiety stuff on my head which need to uncover on by one. i shared all my thoughts with her, then at one point on the fourth session she said that there is nothing written in our relegious books that all women wo covered thier head will enter in heaven and those who dont would enter in hell. Then after that i felt a relief and i found my real self. Then after 5 years i again had OCD with the same problem then i explore things myself and i found all my answers and i am happy now.
after master i did specialization in clinical psychology and work in hospital as a psychologist :)
so if you need any help you can share each and every thing with me about your husbands problem regarding depression and OCD i will help you at my best.

megirl

megirl

Well done pinky,
I have a bit of OCD as my anxiety goes up then my OCD gets worse mine is about cleaning Its good to hear about people that have been able to overcome it thanks for your positive story

P

pinky

hey girl, can u tell me for how long u have this problem? and cleaning about what i means hands, clothes , self etc?? yeah i can feel how OCD hurts.

megirl

megirl

I have probably had this problem for several years however it got worse with the anxiety/agitation/racing thoughts of bipolar it has had times where its not been so bad but at the moment as my anxiety increases the obsessive stuff gets worse, It has been worse in the last three years. I also work as a nurse and at the mo its a pain in the arse as I keep checking my work and then I cant let anyone help me as I cant trust they will do it to my standard????? ((ouch!!)) So hence another nurse might have a light load and want to help say me with a heavier load but I cant let her as her standards might not be up to mine it is ridiculous.
My house is immaculate yet I have to lux, dust, clean the kitchen and bathroom from top to bottom each day no matter what! AND then I sometimes do it all again on the same day even if noone has been home all day ??? WEIRD ME?!!!!

P

pinky

Girl what is your age? when is your anxiety at the peak and why? did you consult any doctor yet? how do you know you have racing thoughts of bipolar as well and what are these thoughts? You said you have obsessions and compulsion regarding cleanliness of home am i right or anythings else as well? You talked about your standard can you tell me what are your standards?
OCD patients sometimes have guilt feelings, some times they have genetic reasons , sometimes it happens after any traumatic experience.. The OCD person knows well that his or her thoughts are useless and he wants to get rid of them but find it difficult.
tell me in detail what i have asked so that i can help you in a better way..

megirl

megirl

Hi Pinky,
I am 34 and under the care of a psychiatrist and the psych team, have been since August last year. I am diagnosed formally with bipolar 2. I do have OCD traits. My racing thought consist of all the things I have to do in the day. For example this morning I had to get out of bed early. My brain is already had the tasks I need to do done and there is still more to do yet I havnt even got out of bed yet yet my brain has jumped in ahead of me so now I have to try and catch up but the more I do the more my brain creates to do. I dont know if any of this makes sense?
I can never get ahead as the more I get through my brain keeps producing more 'tasks'
An example is cleaning my house I lux the carpet repeatedly, Mop my kitchen floor several times a day clean my bath every day even though Im hardly ever use it!
Every time I put wood on the fire I have to lux the fire surround. When I use a product out of the pantry I get quite anxious until I have replaced it, My cupboards are so well stocked up its ridiculous?? Anyway how come you are so keen on helping me I dont understand. Where are you from?