The journey begins

Lunus

Lunus

I’m starting DBT therapy later today. I’m extremely stressed, anxious, nervous and fearful, yet I’m also excited and optimistic.
So basically I’m a mess. 🙈

L

Lockpon

Good luck! I really hope it goes well and congrats on starting it!

G

Girl interupted

You can do it!

I’m due to start myself in a month.

I’m looking at it as an investment in myself, for all the times nobody invested in me.

S

so sad

Hi
Good luck - you'll be great.
I'm doing the full programme so I also have the group sessions which I know you won't get with going private. I start back today with a mix of my old group and some new ones - always freaks me out.
Let us know how you get on
x

Lunus

Lunus

Hi
Good luck - you'll be great.
I'm doing the full programme so I also have the group sessions which I know you won't get with going private. I start back today with a mix of my old group and some new ones - always freaks me out.
Let us know how you get on
x
Thanks so much. Good luck with your session as well, hope it goes well. I’ll post later today with an update.

Lunus

Lunus

Hi

How did it go?

Mx
Hi. Excellent and interesting, thanks for asking! My Psychologist is very much into the interconnection between the brain and the body. The first thing she said was she could see I was trying to focus but could see my body was raging.
So, things she initially advised.
1. Reduce my caffeine with tea and coffee
2. Reduce my smoking
3. Reduce my cannabis
She stated all of the above are stimulating my brain, which generate thoughts, and rumination which affect my sleep and perpetuate my suffering. So the earlier I stop during the day the better. She also said to eat a breakfast (preferably banana and nuts lol).
The major thing for me is the effect cannabis has on the brain. I run a real risk of developing Psychosis if I continue and be re diagnosed as Paranoid. I have homework of developing a plan to cut down on everything and eventually stop the cannabis. (I’m aiming for mid September at latest).
I also have to compile a weekly diary of activity. The reading of this is pretty horrific. Anyway, I’m embracing her advice to give me the best chance of recovery.

S

so sad

That all sounds very positive. I get homework and sometimes I feel so wilful and just don't want to do it but I know its going to help me in the long run so I always do it.
I only tend to have one caffeinated coffee a day and then go on to decaf which I have found helps a bit.
Hope you have a good week
Mx

Lunus

Lunus

That all sounds very positive. I get homework and sometimes I feel so wilful and just don't want to do it but I know its going to help me in the long run so I always do it.
I only tend to have one caffeinated coffee a day and then go on to decaf which I have found helps a bit.
Hope you have a good week
Mx
Yes I am cutting down to 2 caffeinated drink from my current 12. So in short i have to address my behavioural dysregulation before I move on to emotional dysregulation. We’ll keep in touch.

E

EstherRose94

Hi. Excellent and interesting, thanks for asking! My Psychologist is very much into the interconnection between the brain and the body. The first thing she said was she could see I was trying to focus but could see my body was raging.
So, things she initially advised.
1. Reduce my caffeine with tea and coffee
2. Reduce my smoking
3. Reduce my cannabis
She stated all of the above are stimulating my brain, which generate thoughts, and rumination which affect my sleep and perpetuate my suffering. So the earlier I stop during the day the better. She also said to eat a breakfast (preferably banana and nuts lol).
The major thing for me is the effect cannabis has on the brain. I run a real risk of developing Psychosis if I continue and be re diagnosed as Paranoid. I have homework of developing a plan to cut down on everything and eventually stop the cannabis. (I’m aiming for mid September at latest).
I also have to compile a weekly diary of activity. The reading of this is pretty horrific. Anyway, I’m embracing her advice to give me the best chance of recovery.
You will be amazed what cutting down on stimulants like caffeine and nicotine will do. You’ll feel brand new.

E

EstherRose94

Yes I am cutting down to 2 caffeinated drink from my current 12. So in short i have to address my behavioural dysregulation before I move on to emotional dysregulation. We’ll keep in touch.
Holy moly. I get jittery from one cup haha. I read this after the last comment I made but you are really gonna feel like a new person
once your body readjusts. It’ll make such a big difference.

Lunus

Lunus

Holy moly. I get jittery from one cup haha. I read this after the last comment I made but you are really gonna feel like a new person
once your body readjusts. It’ll make such a big difference.
Thank you so much. As my Psychologist said, I’m putting layer upon layer on top on top of my existing problems to keep me in a permanent state of anxiety. I’m looking forward to changing.

Poppy2014

Poppy2014

Well done on going, listening and not just throwing her comments away (we do things like that, especially if they don't fit in with our view of the world).

That's an awful lot of stimulants you are on though, so you are going to feel rough if you cut down on everything too quickly. Has she recommended stopping one at a time or cutting down on all 3 together?
Good luck, keep a diary and let us know how you go on through your journey xx

E

EstherRose94

Well done on going, listening and not just throwing her comments away (we do things like that, especially if they don't fit in with our view of the world).

That's an awful lot of stimulants you are on though, so you are going to feel rough if you cut down on everything too quickly. Has she recommended stopping one at a time or cutting down on all 3 together?
Good luck, keep a diary and let us know how you go on through your journey xx
Thank you so much. As my Psychologist said, I’m putting layer upon layer on top on top of my existing problems to keep me in a permanent state of anxiety. I’m looking forward to changing.
That’s true. I get a raging headache if I miss my one cup lol

E

EstherRose94

Whoops sorry didn’t mean to quote everyone in that

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Lunus Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1