• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

the job centre is rubbish

A

aethelgar

Taking a break
the person I see for now is stupid.
I told her that I used to do office work, but she always seems to forget. she even asked me if I wanted to be a bus driver. lol. fool. I can't drive and now I won't do that. nothing against bus driving, of course, but then it's not what I'm trained in, miss.
I found a job and took in the time to realise what a waste they are. they actively used to help you find jobs in your given field, but now it's really deteriorated.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
there aren't the jobs for the mentally ill going through the motions of claiming there are is just this tory goverment looking for reasons to cut benefits and demolish the welfare state because if theres jobs theres no reason to pay benefits

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I think in the next few months theres going to be massive unemployment when furlough stops in October. Possibly back to the level it was when thatcher was in power over 3million But this time its a virus thats caused it. It will probably take ten years to get back pre virus levels

PerpetuallyStuck

PerpetuallyStuck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
the person I see for now is stupid.
I told her that I used to do office work, but she always seems to forget. she even asked me if I wanted to be a bus driver. lol. fool. I can't drive and now I won't do that. nothing against bus driving, of course, but then it's not what I'm trained in, miss.

I found a job and took in the time to realise what a waste they are. they actively used to help you find jobs in your given field, but now it's really deteriorated.
This is the problem I have had. These "work coaches" don't listen yo your problems, they actually try to confuse you, wind you up or gulit trip people about not being employed. They expect us to do literally any job, and they will insult and patronise people until they get outraged. I got so upset and angry I sent emails to MP's, mental health organisations, told friends all sorts. Something seemed to change, but I fear that I could be put under the same awful situation that I had before.

If we say we can't do something because of our mental health, or we lack the experience to be able to get a job, they threaten us and put us under pressure, therefore making us go into our shells, and losing confidence. That means we are less likely to be able to find work. They don't understand that. I wish they did.

I want Job Centre's to be able to line up suitable work for people. Instead of making us cold call companies and getting rejected all the time. They act as if we can just apply for a job and instantly get it. That doesn't happen to me.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

This is the problem I have had. These "work coaches" don't listen yo your problems, they actually try to confuse you, wind you up or gulit trip people about not being employed. They expect us to do literally any job, and they will insult and patronise people until they get outraged. I got so upset and angry I sent emails to MP's, mental health organisations, told friends all sorts. Something seemed to change, but I fear that I could be put under the same awful situation that I had before.

If we say we can't do something because of our mental health, or we lack the experience to be able to get a job, they threaten us and put us under pressure, therefore making us go into our shells, and losing confidence. That means we are less likely to be able to find work. They don't understand that. I wish they did.

I want Job Centre's to be able to line up suitable work for people. Instead of making us cold call companies and getting rejected all the time. They act as if we can just apply for a job and instantly get it. That doesn't happen to me.
That does not happen for anyone .............

i agree that job centre are worthless now.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i don't see myself having much choice but to argue illness, living alone without support it's the only way to make ends meet and undoubtedly when i have worked i've struggled and got sacked