• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

THE HOUSEWORK THREAD.

N

natalie

Hi Folks/Hi All,

I had a much busier housework day yesterday, much more than I would have been accustomed, and I was very very tired, couldn't feel for logging to MHF, in the eveing yesterday.

Anyway, I'm back on, and h opefully for today.

Have a good day all,

Best regards all.

Nutsy

Nutsy

Had big plans for today but haven't achieved much. Managed to go food shopping earlier.

Need to clean the kitchen before I can cook, and I need to cook some of my food today because it'll be out of date tomorrow. Maybe I can force myself to do just one bowl of washing up.

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

Last night I was feeling a little down and unsettled. I know that my husband has been feeling overwhelmed, because so much falls on him. I cleaned the kitchen and bathrooms, made dinner for today because it was too late for yesterday, made coffee, and went on a long walk with my husbandandour dog. I was feeling pretty good for a little while until in was ruined by a separate incident.

Anyway, I like this post. It's encouraging.

T

tiltawhirl3

THIS is the exact thread I need most, thank you all so much. well I put some dishes to soak and meant to swipe and unload the sink and put them in the dishwasher last night but I haven't done it yet. I ran out of dishwasher detergent and suddenly things piled up on me. so I am going to go unload that sink and put them in the dishwasher and put the next ones needing a soak in the sink with hot soapy water. maybe I will even get them in the dishwasher tonight. there is time for that.
picked up groceries yesterday (with help) and can just eat a container of crab salad for dinner. cooking is too much for me today.

T

tiltawhirl3

wow, those first steps were so quick and easy..I just needed the focus. thank you!

Nutsy

Nutsy

Got a chunk done Hoovered, changed the bed, washed the old bedfing and I'll be doing another load after, washed the dishes, took the rubbish out and ordered shopping and put it away.

I'll be having a nap soon lol

Empish

Empish

Right now I am eating. Way too often my diet consists of McDonalds breakfast, a couple liters of milk, and peanut butter on bread when I'm too hungry to sleep. Self care is where I need to focus right now. Gonna cook a roast for dinner. I like to cook and surprise most people with how well I can cook.

Tonight's biggest struggle will be cleaning up afterward. Because everything stops when the dishes start to pile up.
Peanuts can make you physically and mentally lethargic. Try cutting them out for a couple of months.

T

tiltawhirl3

I ran the dishwasher this morning.....unloading the soaking sink. there are still just a few dirty dishes. Today I want to toss the trash from around my desk area where I live and tidy just that corner back up. Hopefully I will be ambitious enough or not caring about anything else and sort the tops and dust them too. I called social security about why my direct deposit hasn't been changed to my bank yet. and what an answer I got! They don't go by the form I was given to use. Now I have to wait 5-10 days to get a code in the mail so I can do it online. I hope they don't screw it up so I don't get paid on time like they did with my lost card. crazy stuff.

T

tiltawhirl3

gosh, if you read my thread in my dx forum you would think I am on top of things today. It's just not so! lol I have gotten the stuff off the floor and got the desktop cleared off but not this "L" table I sit at. tomorrow then and I will dust both. And I will make up my bed all nice and fluffy as my Mother's Day gift to myself. I will give myself bonus points for unloading the dishwasher.