• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

The hidden must be seen....

Blackdog69

Blackdog69

Its been part of me for nearly thirty years...deep in my being hidden from the world but I want to expose it...I am not ashamed, I didn't sign up for this, I am who I am...people need to regonize that I have an illness...when it flares up I can't be the person I am when its not there I've tried it doesn't happen I am beginning to accept that...others need to realise this also..but they can't see any physical change so I must tell them if I speak up it might encourage others to do the same... When others are ill we don't expect them to be "on it" its no different for me or you having a mental illness it is no different to a physical one it limits us, scares us, requires adjustment but we will not be treated different because they struggle to see what is hidden within...I will tell you what's its like when I am in the "darkness" how they react is down to them...I am still the same person just need some healing time....2015 is when they will see what is hidden....BD

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

You're right, when other people are unwell there is a certain amount of sympathy and permission that gets granted.
That shouldn't change just because your illness is in your mind and therefore there are no physical signs.

I think it's great that you're resolving to be more open about your experiences to those around you. I sincerely hope you get met with support.

F

flatz

I was once told that life is about pain and the resolution of pain.

trinny

trinny

glad to read your post mr c i hope its a nice day for you.hugs

trinny

trinny

ps i feel signes of acceptance is being able to open up without getting really unwell. for me anyway i may never overcome but to accept is a positive journey friend.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Mental Health Experiences 6