• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

The Good, Bad & The Ugly ( trigger warning)

dreambuggieIII

Sometimes I wonder if as a child
You can actually carry 'fear' inherant and tied to : words, sounds and other connecting things.
If you have experienced it, and are not able to account properly for it.

There were some flowers when I was young that I used to love :
We used to travel down to the south of england
Every year, to have play time with cousins
Which we always enjoyed.

1628006627085.png

It was a happy occasion, and this sight was spot on to where I played.
These flowers are called Hydrangeas.
I plucked one whole bunch and used to walk up and down,
As a child pretending to be walking up and down the aisle.
All on my own, and quite happy with away with the fairies
I was young, perhaps 7 or 8.

This memory was the first time I became aware : that even a grown man
Can shout at a child picking flowers.

He shouted ''bog off''
Angry, loud voice.
I ran home.

Cousins told me, it was because they thought we had fleas.

Today, when I think back to the 70s
It could have been a number of things.

You cannot swear at small children.
I never picked a single rogue flower for years after, from what I remember.

Silly sausages.

Buff Schmoltler

Buff Schmoltler

This is a bit off topic, but what does “trigger warning” mean?

Buff Schmoltler

Buff Schmoltler

On topic, I often get a dry nose when the nurse wipes alcohol on my arm to give me a shot. I also used to and sometimes still do get a dry nose when I get scared. I do not know if there is any connection.

Wishbone

Wishbone

I can see both sides of this @dreambuggieIII You just wanted the pretty flower head the man saw his efforts to produce pretty flowers plucked away by a child. Okay, maybe he could have handled it better, but you may not have been the only one to have been ransacking his flowers. Some people work very hard to get their gardens looking nice.
I remember as a kid I played football in one place and my ball went over a fence into an older man's garden. Without hesitation he popped my football with a screwdriver. Some people just don't like kids I guess.

LoqLamp

LoqLamp

A trigger warning is just a warning that something may trigger your mental health issues

Buff Schmoltler

Buff Schmoltler

Fluticasone, a nasal spray for allergies, is a mimic of the stress hormone. I was prescribed the stuff, they got the dose way too high, and it nade me really sick. I practically had ptsd from the experience. One year later, I sat down for a meditation. As I fell into tranquility the memory of the Flonase resurfaced and I lept up in terror. Oddly, cold showers first thing in the morning seemed to help me get over it. I am looking into other stategies which fall into the category of brain health in general, to help with that and other areas of improvement.

dreambuggieIII

I can see both sides of this @dreambuggieIII You just wanted the pretty flower head the man saw his efforts to produce pretty flowers plucked away by a child. Okay, maybe he could have handled it better, but you may not have been the only one to have been ransacking his flowers. Some people work very hard to get their gardens looking nice.
I remember as a kid I played football in one place and my ball went over a fence into an older man's garden. Without hesitation he popped my football with a screwdriver. Some people just don't like kids I guess.

There where plenty of flowers around the back, it looked exactly like the above.
If I remember correctly, I was walking at the front of house,

And I looked into the garden
''bog off''

Frankly. No matter if a 3 year old sat on the blooms at Chelsea Flower show :
It's pretty damn stupid and cowardly to attack the child.

Man up, and go to man + not the child.

Maybe I should talk about the NF sign on our wall.
But that would be because, he liked art + graffitti right ?

Never had eggs through your door I guess/

Actually wishbone.
You're right.

I should have been more considerate.

dreambuggieIII

+ so you talk about his hard work on his garden
+ provide a personal terrible tale
+ then you justify the immoral, under a thin veil of rightousness

I don't buy your advice
It maybe clever
No offence
But it's incorrect

----------------------------------
see you soon
DB