• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

The feeling of being controlled

A

Altitude25

Many people on here have said they feel powerless to things. What I'm saying is can we fight against delusions or are they here to keep "Controlling" us every minute of the day.

For instance people at the moment want me to not succeed in anything in life. Is it worth considering their point of view I wonder? Should I just give up.

Just some thoughts I could pick out that bother me a lot. Thanks.......

Tamziie93

Tamziie93

Don't pay no attention

Keep being you keep doing you

Do what you want to do

Don't allow people to try an force you to be a certain way

If they suggest what you should do ignore them :)

Don't eat the same meals as them

Don't watch the same TV

Don't listen to the same radio as them

Get them completely out of your mind and life

Tamziie93

Tamziie93

I don't live with my parents anymore

An I do what I want

I don't have the same life as them

They had girls first

I have a son first

They ate microwave meals all the time

I cook all the time

They was lazy and messy

I clean my home

I went to university they never did

Be who you wanna be :)

A

Altitude25

Thanks Tamszie, its hard to distance from people sometimes.

Tamziie93

Tamziie93

You have to do it love

But don't be afraid to make new friends

Give new people the chance

You may make forever friends

And never look back

J

Justatheory

Are there things happening in your life that make you feel as if you are being controlled? Being financially dependent on parents, people putting pressure on you at work, OCD-istic boyfriend/girlfriend trying to control your every move? A recent failure at something that makes you feel a little discouraged, a failure that you are still working on stepping over?

A

Altitude25

Are there things happening in your life that make you feel as if you are being controlled? Being financially dependent on parents, people putting pressure on you at work, OCD-istic boyfriend/girlfriend trying to control your every move? A recent failure at something that makes you feel a little discouraged, a failure that you are still working on stepping over?
None of above actually. It's my paranoia thinking people don't want me to do anything.

J

Justatheory

None of above actually. It's my paranoia thinking people don't want me to do anything.
"Being angry with another person, what can you do to him? Can you destroy his virtue and his other good qualities? Have you not come to your present state by your own actions, and will also go hence according to your own actions? Anger towards another is just as if someone wishing to hit another person takes hold of glowing coals, or a heated iron-rod, or of excrement. And, in the same way, if the other person is angry with you, what can he do to you? Can he destroy your virtue and your other good qualities? He too has come to his present state by his own actions and will go hence according to his own actions. Like an unaccepted gift or like a handful of dirt thrown against the wind, his anger will fall back on his own head."

A

Altitude25

"Being angry with another person, what can you do to him? Can you destroy his virtue and his other good qualities? Have you not come to your present state by your own actions, and will also go hence according to your own actions? Anger towards another is just as if someone wishing to hit another person takes hold of glowing coals, or a heated iron-rod, or of excrement. And, in the same way, if the other person is angry with you, what can he do to you? Can he destroy your virtue and your other good qualities? He too has come to his present state by his own actions and will go hence according to his own actions. Like an unaccepted gift or like a handful of dirt thrown against the wind, his anger will fall back on his own head."
Thanks for the great comments you just made I'm starting to get less angry already. You hit the nail on the head ;)