• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

The Fear of Having Your Own Opinion

Nada Importa

Nada Importa

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thank you. Drs and therapists have treated me like I am the illness!

Mario82

Mario82

However, I feel differently about that when it comes to the character of Harley Quinn. I don't know if you're familiar with her, but she's a very popular supervillain obsessed with the Joker. She's also got that Birds of Prey movie out now (which I walked out of after 20 minutes because I hated it!) Well now, in her new cartoon on the DC Universe service and in the comic books, she's in a romantic relationship with Poison Ivy. I'm not happy about it. She was obsessed with a man and now she's just a lesbian? As a woman myself, it's too weird for me, especially because the character is very close to my heart. I always identified with her obsession with men and now that's stripped away.
Great show, but I am still about 8 episodes behind in it.

As for fearing giving my own opinion, nah not really. I have some unpopular opinions (eg Cristiano Ronaldo isn't a top 10 footballer of all time) but I fully believe I am right.