• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

The "Domino" in the Voices world --

W

wellness

Hi All,
do any of you know of any Psychiatry references to the theory that there are "domino" amoung the voices ... I recall having found a paper on the internet via Google Search many many moons ago .... but unable to locate it again ...

Cheerio !

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi Wellness,

I can't help much as I don't think I've heard of this before. Can you remember any of the details, however small, which might help more in an Internet search?

W

wellness

Hi Purple Chaos,
It was a paper on a study that there are "Dominant" Voices amoung the Voices and a top of them all called "Domino" and how they sort of control and influence the rest of the Voices ... it originated from a Uni Study ...
Many thanks ...
Cheerio !

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

It sounds interesting. I'm quite happy to have a trawl around later to see if I can find anything though it's highly doubtful if you've had little success with your search. Can't hurt to look though. Hopefully someone else here might know more and I'll get back to you if I find anything. In the meantime, good luck with your search.

W

wellness

There's plenty of interesting research showing up when I do the searches .... particularly with the key words "Auditory Hallucinations" ... looks like it is the United Kingdom that is more at the forefront of Mental Health Research .... this paper I had seen also originated from the UK ....

W

wellness

In relation to this Domino or Dominant Voice ... what I have observed with these Voices Commune, is that one of them which is Dominant at a perticular time ... takes the Centre Stage ... like some Village Chieftan and orders everybody around .... all these antiques that these Voices then attempt to perform take origin into this One Voices Chieftan at a time ... This Dominant Chieftan of the Voices just keeps on getting madder and madder and comping up with such Insane ideas ... and shortly dies away .... whose place only to be taken by the next one ...
Cheerio...