The doctor promised me i would sleep, but still wont????

R

rich

Ok I'm starting to think I'm going to need serious help now. I went to a shrink doctor yesterday for the first time ever. And she ordered me to take quetiapine fumarate. She said that this would most definitely put me to sleep. But dear god it did not help me. Guys seriously do you think there could be something terribly wrong with me?

Xanax, ambient, and now quetiapine fumarate has not put me to sleep. They just make me feel weird and unnatural. The doctor lady was so confident that I would sleep tonight that it also took away my anxiety. When I came home I even went to sleep without the medication for two hours. When I woke up, I said ok lets try the medication. And nothing happened. I woke up feeling weird again. Medication make you feel like you have no soul......

this is so bad

Victorianna

Victorianna

Are you feeling any better now? Sleep is tricky - the more we worry about it, the harder it is to get to sleep. It’s a vicious cycle, for sure.

P

Pollypop

How are you feeling now rich? Did you carry on with the meds.
They always make you feel grotty for a few days. Having taken other meds
you probably know that already though.

Not being able to sleep is terrible. I suffer myself.
Sometimes seeing 4or5am.
My gp will only give me 10 temazepam per month, 10mg.
1 every 3rd night.
This is useless but I know they don’t want people to
become addicted.

A new psychiatrist has swapped Quetiapine for Mirtazapine.
I am waiting to see if these are any different.
Pollypop x

Victorianna

Victorianna

Pollypop- have you tried Melatonin? It’s over the counter. I take 5mg 2 hours before bed and it does help a bit.

P

Pollypop

No Victorianna, I haven’t.
I didn’t realise you could get it over the counter.
I will certainly give it a try.
Thank you so much.

LivinWithAnxiety

LivinWithAnxiety

One month into my anxiety disorder and sleep has been a major issue. The combination of about 5 hours a night and lack of appetite has been crushing my energy level.

Victorianna

Victorianna

I know what you mean. It’s hard to cope with anxiety, let alone on too little sleep. Have you seen a doctor? I went and got prescription Ambien - that helped with the sleeping.

LivinWithAnxiety

LivinWithAnxiety

I know what you mean. It’s hard to cope with anxiety, let alone on too little sleep. Have you seen a doctor? I went and got prescription Ambien - that helped with the sleeping.
Yes, I've been in therapy and I began seeing a psychiatrist. They prescribed Prozac and Vistaril. Vistaril is apparently used on an as-needed basis so I haven't been using it on nights when I feel sleepy. I'd say about half the nights I don't get a good night's sleep is because I can't fall asleep and the other half is because I wake up early and can't get back to sleep.

SmileChance

SmileChance

it may take some time for the medication to start working properly for you, you could also try and ask your doctor to up the dosage