• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

The Design School has made a decision for my son.

S

skyblue

Some of you may know, I needed to write a letter, also an attached letter from my Consultant stating that I was ill at the time of writing out the original application form and had made a mistake of not stating this school on the form. I have had to wait a month for a final decision on whether or not they would place my son on the higher priority list for the Design school.

The Governors held their meeting regarding my situation last night and they have decided that as the school is full, they still cannot offer him a place, but he has been put on No.1 position on the Waiting List. :)

What a relief !!

I will still need to attend the Appeal for this school June 16th and 17th.

I have the other school appeal next week, which is the (out of catchment area school) - This appeal is weaker because we live out of the area, but as it stands he is currently on the 11th position on the Waiting List.

So,.. what are the chances I'll get him in the Design school. It's now May 18th, he'll be starting school early Sept, which gives alittle time. It just depends if somebody moves away, or those parents manage to get their child in their chosen alternative schools, like a Gramma or Private school.

I so hope we win the Appeal. I've been in such a mess over this, as some of you know, it triggered off another episode and I'm back on full wack meds.

Last edited:
messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi skyblue I am pleased to hear your getting somewhere with your appeals for your son I hope you manage to get him into the school for september I wish you the best of luck and that you can start to relax a little
Take care
Messy x

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Good luck with your appeals, its so important to get your kids into decent schools, luckily the primary and secondary in my catchment area are really good so I don't need to appeal. Hope things go ok for you x

S

skyblue

Thank you. I am dreading the appeals, as I've read that 96% of appeals are unsuccessful,.. that worries me.:unsure: