• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

The Dangers Of Self Harming

N

NoOne5

TRIGGER WARNING!
To all you beautiful people who self harm...
Please stop self harming! You deserve wellness. You don't deserve to be punished. You don't want to be disfigured. Trust me. Self Harming isn't worth it. You could end up with permanent bodily damage. I gave myself permanent throat damage from self harm. Now I will always have a hard time swallowing. Pills get stuck in my throat. So do even food and drink. I risk choking to death just by eating, drinking, and taking medication. My throat always hurts. It makes loud uncomfortable popping sounds when I swallow. I have a hard time breathing sometimes. I may even need full throat reconstructive surgery. Which poses it's own risks. Like losing the ability to speak, having to eat and drink from a tube. Can you imagine how horrible it would be to never taste your favorite food or drinks? To never be able to feel water on your tongue? To never be able to chew gum again? Plus as with every surgery you can risk dying by getting surgery. But my condition worsens. So I may get the surgery regardless of risks. So please. STOP SELF HARMING!!! :loveshower: :grouphug:

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

TRIGGER WARNING!
To all you beautiful people who self harm...
Please stop self harming! You deserve wellness. You don't deserve to be punished. You don't want to be disfigured. Trust me. Self Harming isn't worth it. You could end up with permanent bodily damage. I gave myself permanent throat damage from self harm. Now I will always have a hard time swallowing. Pills get stuck in my throat. So do even food and drink. I risk choking to death just by eating, drinking, and taking medication. My throat always hurts. It makes loud uncomfortable popping sounds when I swallow. I have a hard time breathing sometimes. I may even need full throat reconstructive surgery. Which poses it's own risks. Like losing the ability to speak, having to eat and drink from a tube. Can you imagine how horrible it would be to never taste your favorite food or drinks? To never be able to feel water on your tongue? To never be able to chew gum again? Plus as with every surgery you can risk dying by getting surgery. But my condition worsens. So I may get the surgery regardless of risks. So please. STOP SELF HARMING!!! :loveshower: :grouphug:
you never ever deserve to be hurted by anyone :hug:

P

Prycejosh1987

Plus as with every surgery you can risk dying by getting surgery. But my condition worsens. So I may get the surgery regardless of risks. So please. STOP SELF HARMING!!!
Wish you all the success, keep on preaching, because its true.

N

NoOne5

Wish you all the success, keep on preaching, because its true.
Thanks. I don't look forward to never being able to eat my favorite foods again. I don't look forward to never being able to gulp down a glass of water again. Hell I dread the Hell out of that. I hope I pass away before that happens.