• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

the cuts and council services

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i've been thinking of going for a swim, but last time i went the pool was crowded and there was this macho man going up and down the lane i was in and swamping me

I've heard the council has closed a leisure centre, they've also closed the library centre where i used to read the periodicals, there is a small room left crowded where i asked to be put on the e library, periodicals on the internet are cached you can read the 1st 250 words then theres a request for money

I said to one counciller your welcome to close down social services and mental health services they're a useless waste of space but leave the library and leisure centre

At the moment i'm dealing with defusing a dwp form stressing me up and the last thing i want is to face a crowd with my social anxiety

porkpie

porkpie

It might be a coincidence but I live in a Tory occupied borough and their building a new larger leisure centre in town and the library is really good too, one can order books to be delivered from all over the county to the local library. Are they so fortunate in other constituencies?

shaky

shaky

It's not a coincidence .
They changed the formula for funding councils , taking money from deprived areas much more than wealthy ones.

porkpie

porkpie

I would be priced out of where I live if not for living in supported living.

U

UMPALUMPA

The way things are going I the housing benefit wont pay the full amount for for my flat.

its at the max now.

stuff the council ansl stuff benefits Its easyier on the streets.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i've got a card i applied for for westminster council, i'm thinking of using the cheap offer for the gym there, it's much the same and the gym is smaller but seems more friendly, westminster is tory, maybe it gets more funding i don't know, also less east europeans sound like a ukip supporter i know

the east europeans tend to come in groups and talk in the changing room, i don't like voices if thats voices, maybe they're in groups because they feek threatened

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Services 14