The big question. Could I have got better?

S

seriouslydisturbed

Could I have got better? Could it have made a difference not to drug me? I've come across a few people on forums that the drugs didn't work for and they slowly made a recovery. Could it have made a difference not to drug me? What I have now doesn't feel like I made a recovery at all.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Could I have got better? Could it have made a difference not to drug me? I've come across a few people on forums that the drugs didn't work for and they slowly made a recovery. Could it have made a difference not to drug me? What I have now doesn't feel like I made a recovery at all.
i wonder if i could have got better if things had been different, it's a bit late now i need the diagnosis for the benefits and despite the language of stabilised on meds i know that from experience isn't employers fit for work

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
imo the actual truth of it all, if given access to appropriate comprehensive psychological/social help & support from day one as outlined here -

http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/thread129808.html#post1278985

Then the likelihood is yes in my view - 80% of more of people would fully resolve things with the right approach/response.

Realities of the current society/system is that we haven't had access to all that, & it's incredibly hard to impossible to access.

i think it's criminal, but it's the way it all is. What are we meant to do? A lot of people will inevitably arrive at the Rambo position, sooner or later & to various degrees. Some people genuinely escape it all.

F

firemonkee57

You might have been in the minority group that recover without medication. I would agree that with better support more could do so but I think much less than the 80% CPU claims.
I would say if you are going to go off medication then taper gradually with pdoc support. Although it would be difficult if on depot medication.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i was deemed to have recovered on meds at one point, took years to live it down

to this day i'm recovered enough in they're eyes for them to close my case and are deeply worried about what the benefit office concludes

Last edited: