• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

The Best Med: What Is The Best Antipsychotic For Schizophrenia?

lavenderfire

lavenderfire

Is there one that does not give side effects and works well?

I would like to hear about one that has minimal or no side effects for you, and actually worked to take away the voices.

L

linus

I think the most important thing is the dosage, the lower the minimum side effects you get.

N

Nate

Is there one that does not give side effects and works well?

I would like to hear about one that has minimal or no side effects for you, and actually worked to take away the voices.
I was on Clozapine wich is supposed to be the best med for schizophrenia. I'm on paliperidone now and it's the best med for me out there, I'm going on 3 years now and have had little side effects only alittle weight gain. Each med effects everyone alittle different so choose the best for you. Good luck 🍀

L

Lab rat

I was happy to take clozapine, but refused point blank the blood tests. They never did try it

P

Peter10

Clozapine often works when others don't. However it's an old first generation antipsychotic with severe potential side effects. It should not be used without constant medical supervision and blood tests

L

linus

Even if it is an older discovery, clozapine is a atypical antpishotic, so inline with the second generation class.

freddo808

freddo808

Clozapine is the "gold" standard to follow. Have you tried a combo of meds? I'm currently taking Seroquel which helps with sleep and anxiety, plus I take Zyprexa for the positive symptoms. The two seem to be working well together! I can feel some emotions now and my mind is being quiet for once.