• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

The Basics

J

Jimmy123

i have not had it easy myselfe so far. Since i was 15 years old i have been depressed with better and worse times, so i know how tough life can be. Depression and mental illness are some of the worse things that can happen to you, and they can happen at any time. It does not matter if you are 5 or 50.
Having this in mind i thought i would make a simple list of things that helped me cope with my mental illness

1: SPORTS

Doing any tipe of sport will bennefit you greatly. By this i don't mean anything increadebly difficult, just going outside for a 10 - 20 min run in the morning to get the blood pumping before work,school, or what ever you are doing after. It will make a diffeence. And of course you schould try to push yourselfe to do more.

2: Be Loud

With this i mean be up front about your issue in any given circumstance. This might be with your doctor concerning your treatment or it might be with your family about how they are treating you, or your friends. Just be outword about how you feel.

3: Be Comfortable

make yourselfe comfortable in the present moment. It is very important to be comfortable in the moment. Decorate your room with your favorite bands or hang up coulerfull tissues get creative on how you as a person would be at ease in your zone. Personally i like to light up scented candels to set the mood right.

These are some very easy things which have helped me in my recovery and are very easy for any person to do !

:) :) :)

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hello Jimmy

I am glad you have found some things that have worked for you :)

Thanks for sharing.

Messy

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Yeah, thank you for sharing these tips.
They might sound like small things, but I bet that they have a big effect. :)

myownveryone

myownveryone

Thanks for reminding me that I need to make myself comfortable. I've just kind of been waiting to feel relaxed. I have some exercize equipment I bout a few months ago that I haven't touched yet. I might start the day off with a work out tomorrow, see if that gets me going :) Thanks for this, truly. As for my concerns though, they are never heard regardless of how loud I get, haha.