• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

The awful NHS

LoqLamp

LoqLamp

Political polarity might be one of the worst things in the ‘modern age’. All this black and white. Gotta wonder if splitting might be a viable skill in future.

fragrant_violet

fragrant_violet

@fragrant_violet
But what about the population? Europe needs more truck drivers than the UK.

Britain has too many people its only a small island and its already over populated?
Not true. Europe got the whole of the EU to get truck drivers if they run short. A lot of them are eastern European gypsies.

Where do you get your info Shell? Your obviously a labor supporter but anti-immigrant. That's why the tories got their Brexit shit done

Shell Dockley

Shell Dockley

@fragrant_violet
Not true. Europe got the whole of the EU to get truck drivers if they run short. A lot of them are eastern European gypsies.

Where do you get your info Shell? Your obviously a labor supporter but anti-immigrant. That's why the tories got their Brexit shit done
That is right I'm a Labour supporter but anti Immigrant as you put it. The country is over populated simple. I don't agree with every Labour policy but Labour are a damn site better than Tories by far. I am no a "normal" Brit I am not a robot. I don't have a typical order of things I don't believe in purely based on a political party or what country I reside in.

Shell Dockley

Shell Dockley

Where do I get my info from..... erm I live in the UK?

LoqLamp

LoqLamp

I wonder at what point a citizen of a country realises that their Tom dick and Harrys are over comfortable morons and that a country is forced to outsource for doctors, programmers etc. Also this whole everyone needs uni for a job thing doesn’t help.

Shell Dockley

Shell Dockley

@LoqLamp
I wonder at what point a citizen of a country realises that their Tom dick and Harrys are over comfortable morons and that a country is forced to outsource for doctors, programmers etc. Also this whole everyone needs uni for a job thing doesn’t help.
Oh look at me I've been to Uni I'm a cut above everybody else blah blah blah. They are stupid. Many people in this country are stupid who have limited to no real education. Education comes with a class system. I can't stand the society of this country. I'm more educated than all of them put together but guess what?.... I haven't been to Uni and I don't wanna go either.

LoqLamp

LoqLamp

@Shell Dockley Putting the next generation of working class saddled with uni debt seems rather silly is all. Although with the future being that most jobs can be automated, except maybe finance, a degree in something may be useful.

fragrant_violet

fragrant_violet

Actually there are too many foreigners in certain areas of the UK what is why labor supporters voted Brexit and Tory. I would be happy with that because I prefer most foreigners to most Brits. UK and Ireland are not soft touches, but immigrants want to go there because they speak some English. Germany and Sweden have far more immigrants per head of population than UK. Italy and Greece probably too but mostly illegal ones. When countries like Britain wage war against poor middle eastern countries, they set off a refugee crisis.

fragrant_violet

fragrant_violet

Yeah uni is a crock of shit unless it's a good one. In my day you needed 5 O levels for a job in a bank. Now you need at least a degree from Huddersfield.

It's a racket too. Students are forced to stay in overpriced noisy halls of residence. Then saddled with debt that they can never pay off.

I guy I went to uni with is personally responsible for the stupid Brexit referendum. Nuff said.

Shell Dockley

Shell Dockley

@fragrant_violet
Yeah uni is a crock of shit unless it's a good one. In my day you needed 5 O levels for a job in a bank. Now you need at least a degree from Huddersfield.

It's a racket too. Students are forced to stay in overpriced noisy halls of residence. Then saddled with debt that they can never pay off.

I guy I went to uni with is personally responsible for the stupid Brexit referendum. Nuff said.
Well they voted for it. I had a very good education while growing up. I went to private schools all around the country plus a boarding school and this was before it was fashionable to go to private schools and before everybody wanted to be"posh" because they have no real life.

Maitri

Maitri

The long view is, we are virtually all immigrants. There is also the question of scale and just what we consider "home" - where charity begins!

Current EU citizens within the UK have in the main been positive. As I see myself as a "european" I see them as fellow citizens (I entered "European" on my census form) In the economic sense they provide a net contribution to the Exchequer. Socially and culturally, I would expect as positive an impact as with all our previous "settlers".