• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

The awful NHS

S

singsongfun

Chronically underfunded and awful, the NHS.
I often feel their mental health staff don't actually care. They are apologists for an awful service.
They are wrong about everything.

S

singsongfun

There is no justice in the world. Why turn up to work every day to do an awful job and participate in an awful, inadequate, service? There is a certain level of evil there.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i wonder if it'd improve if they privatise the nhs, thats how pissed off i am with them, i guess thats the torys plan to make people feel that way, then suddenly the nhs won't be safe in their hands

S

singsongfun

The NHS got worse with austerity, and then worse again with Covid. It needs probably double the funding it currently has. It just does not function for most people.

S

singsongfun

i wonder if it'd improve if they privatise the nhs, thats how pissed off i am with them, i guess thats the torys plan to make people feel that way, then suddenly the nhs won't be safe in their hands

The lack of funding and that they have more patients than mental health services can deal with causes them to try to prioritise patients and discharge people who are not a priority. The trouble is the NHS is not good at prioritising and assessing illness.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
sometimes i feel i'd rather have nothing to do with services unfortunately the dwp likes to be able to phone someone who can attest you've been dribbleing

NWiddi

NWiddi

Staff member
Forum Safety Team
I know it's not perfect in the NHS but I'd hate to see the UK without them.

I find it hard to criticize when they've saved my dads life not once but twice, my brother and sister (twins) were born in a NHS hospital and I was born in an ambulance successfully by a woman who worked for the NHS and I was her very first delivery too.

They've looked after me my whole life, from the time when I broke my leg back in infant school and when I hit my head on some concrete steps around the same age and they stitched me up.

I needed a minor operation when I was 10 and they took good care of me.

They listened to me when I went in with my voice hearing and although it took more time than I would have liked I eventually got the meds I was so desperate for, quite possibly saving my life.

I'm sorry some people have had bad experiences with them but it could be far worse without them.

S

singsongfun

I don't work because I can't. But also I would not want to make a taxable contribution to the awful NHS. Scum bags.

fragrant_violet

fragrant_violet

Your awful government is wrecking the NHS and succeeding in demoralizing staff. They are desperately understaffed and cozza that Brexit nonsense aren't gonna get nurses and docs from the continent now. You gotta blame the government and folk what voted them in.

I don't got access to a doctor. Only if I stop breathing. Unbelievable but true. If you saw the health system of other countries, you'd never complain.

morpheus01

morpheus01

formerly ht46
I use to read this Journalist George Monbiot a while back he had a lot to say about the NHS.

S

singsongfun

Your awful government is wrecking the NHS and succeeding in demoralizing staff. They are desperately understaffed and cozza that Brexit nonsense aren't gonna get nurses and docs from the continent now. You gotta blame the government and folk what voted them in.

I don't got access to a doctor. Only if I stop breathing. Unbelievable but true. If you saw the health system of other countries, you'd never complain.

Can I ask which country do you live in?