• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

The Art of being Self-Aware.

amathus

amathus

The Art of Becoming Self-Aware | Psychoanalysis Now

"Confucious said, “I have traveled far and wide and have yet to meet a man who could bring home the judgment against himself.”

Jesus said, “Why can you see the speck in your neighbor’s eye but not the beam in your own?”

Freud said, “The mind is like an iceberg, it floats with one-seventh of its bulk above water.” Freud linked humankind’s destructiveness with his tendency to be unconscious of his deeper motives.

We all have things we don’t want to be aware of. One of the hardest things for us to be aware of is our own failings. Is is easy for us to judge others and to see the failings of others, but almost impossible to see our own failings. It is easy to say, “That person is prejudiced,” but very hard to see our own prejudices. It’s easy to say, “That person’s stupid, but hard to see our own stupidity."

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Know thyself, absolutely.

Just don't over-think or reflect too much, because i've ended up tying myself in knots when analysing myself.