• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

That was then, and this is now...

soul searching

soul searching

I managed to get sober in 1991. I relapsed several times, I believe due to depression and my paranoid schizophrenia. Finally stopped for good in 1998. Here's the catch: When I did finally stop, it was because my voice made me. So, I haven't really even been tempted for 23 years. Now, all of a sudden, my voice has been suggesting that I start drinking again! And it made me feel like it would feel really good to tale a sip of alcohol again. concerned. So, I am concerned. Not sounding any alarms yet. Will probably go to an AA meeting at the Serenity Club today. Haven't been allowed to attend for 20 plus years. But, darnit(trying not to curse anymore), I don't even want to think about alcohol!

R

RayHendrix

Try to stay strong. I once saw a channel on yt of some guy who stopped drinking and talks about his experiences and it kinda motivated me to reduce. I know thats different but maybe it will help you too a little bit to stay sober. Yes, AA meeting might be a good idea. Why have you not been allowed there?
I heard very often that people get the desire to drink again after many years (10+) of being sober. So it´s seems to be quite normal and as far as I remember, one guy said that after that it didn´t come again and it was way easier. You can do it :hug:

soul searching

soul searching

My voice wouldn't allow me to go to AA, or do anything really. I did go to a meeting. One guy said that after 20 years of sobriety. the idea of taking that first drink, would be like jumping off the Empire State Building. I feel the same. I'm going to continue.Thanks to all for the support!