• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

That girl went missing

MissPink

MissPink

I swear that has freaked me out so much!! I am still recovering my trauma naturally without mind alterating drugs, but do need cbt soon.

Freaks me out she did a 50 minute walk in the pitch dark.

S

siliconom

Yes I been thinking about that too
What happened to her is terrible. But why did she take such a risk? Its not safe for men either. I can't help thinking she was really stubborn and had done that walk before at night safely.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

I really feel for her family, it's heartbreaking what has happened to her.
We should be safe on the streets.

MissPink

MissPink

Yes I been thinking about that too
What happened to her is terrible. But why did she take such a risk? Its not safe for men either. I can't help thinking she was really stubborn and had done that walk before at night safely.
I know, I think she was just confident and brave and maybe done it many times in the past and experienced no problem. So scary.

S

siliconom

I really feel for her family, it's heartbreaking what has happened to her.
We should be safe on the streets.
This is the problem. We should be safe on the streets, but aren't. That poor lady was too confident for her own good and no doubt thought the same way. You need to be realistic. Sometimes paranoia is better then valor.

I'lo never forget this champion bodybuilder who used to train at same gym. I overheard him and some other guys talking one day. He said if he saw a gang of teenagers walking his way at night, he'd cross the road.

The cop accused looks like a horrid guy. If he lives in Kent, what was he doing lurking in a park miles away from home? You can only assume he had attacked women there before. Who knows how many times. I bet a lot were foreign too and used to walking safely at night back home. That is scary.

MissPink

MissPink

This is the problem. We should be safe on the streets, but aren't. That poor lady was too confident for her own good and no doubt thought the same way. You need to be realistic. Sometimes paranoia is better then valor.

I'lo never forget this champion bodybuilder who used to train at same gym. I overheard him and some other guys talking one day. He said if he saw a gang of teenagers walking his way at night, he'd cross the road.

The cop accused looks like a horrid guy. If he lives in Kent, what was he doing lurking in a park miles away from home? You can only assume he had attacked women there before. Who knows how many times. I bet a lot were foreign too and used to walking safely at night back home. That is scary.
It's a well known place where people have been stalked, murdered and attacked. All sorts of stuff has happened. I am not angry anymore I am glad he's been caught and he can be locked away, in such a short space of time it's fantastic he's not lurking around. It was a chilling thing he did I can't bare to read the full story it's too gruesome for me to get into.

He looked cold most people that come from the army have a cold look about them. He had 2 young children and a wife.

S

siliconom

He looked cold most people that come from the army have a cold look about them. He had 2 young children and a wife.
I have made the same observation myself. Career soldiers are trained killers. Also, army to police is a natural career progression.

Police are often described as 'having no personality'. I would agree with that too although you do get the occasional one who is doing the job because they really do want to protect the public.

In my hitchhiking days it was not unusual to get a lift from an off duty soldier. Many have hitchhiked themselves. Pleasant people but cold.

I often wonder whether 'no personality' and coldness is a sign of an underlying mental or neurological disorder

S

siliconom

An unusually high % of ex armed services members wind up in prison for sexual offences. I know this for a fact. Maybe there is a connection