Thanks

sunset547544

sunset547544

I wanted to say a thank you to people on this forum because it has been such a great support tool for me. It's very difficult for me to vent or seek advice with people in the real world if I am struggling, so this is a really important place for me.

Most of the time people here try to help and support with their posts, and are honest about things they would not discuss in the real world so I have learnt so much about the human condition here.

I can feel that today is going to be a good day, my head feels in a pretty stable place at the moment. I struggle at Christmas time with all the fake commercial bs, bad weather, unrealistic expectations and family. I hope anyone reading this is having a good day to, if not I am really sorry but just wait because it will not last forever.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year x

Last edited:
Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

That's very kind of you to recognize others who have made a difference in your wellbeing. I'm new to these forums and I'm really pleased to read the compassionate replies and thoughtful remarks by members such as yourself.

We struggle with invisible illnesses. The world can make things so tough on us, almost as tough as we are on ourselves. Some people use the veil of anonymity to launch vicious and hateful rhetoric but here, it's tacit permission to be real, to open up. It's a small example but evidence nonetheless that the world isn't completely effed up and people aren't entirely devoid of compassion.

Alright, I'm getting sappy. ☺

Boring

Boring

I like this place too. it's almost like a mental health peer support group.