Thanks for Nothing Olanzapine.

blu129

blu129

Its now been 8 years since I started taking olanzapine and the weight STILL hasn't come off. You know those fitness belts, I have gone on them EVERYDAY for THREE hours for three and a half years.
Whats so good about the NHS when they force you to take this. I despise the ppl that made me take this.

NWiddi

NWiddi

I got off the Olanzapine after just 2 years and switched to something that didn't cause weight gain, I'm now on a mixture of Aripiprazole 10mg and Risperidone 4mg and feel much better, I've lost 2 stone already, another 2 stone and I'll be back to my original weight.

I'm surprised they've left you on it for so long, I'd definitely ask for a medication review.

ckgschizophrenia

ckgschizophrenia

when you came off the olanzapine how long did it take for your sleeping to get back to normal ? if you know what I mean because ive been on it for 3 years now and when I don't take it I cant sleep...

ckgschizophrenia

ckgschizophrenia

also do you lose weight coming off olanzapine

NWiddi

NWiddi

It did make me tired and sleep longer, wasn't long after I stopped taking it that my sleeping returned to normal.

The Risperidone is supposed to make people tired as well but it doesn't seem to do that to me, I go to bed around 11pm and get up between 7 and 8am.

NWiddi

NWiddi

You will lose a little weight coming of the Olanzapine as your appetite will decrease but it'll require some effort if you want to lose it faster, I skip the odd meal and watch what I eat to lose just a pound or two per week.

N

natalie

Hi Folks,

Well, we had to, family of mine, get me off onlanzapine. Certainly was a if i can use a word, a rotten med to be on, I switched eventually and back in July 2007 to a med called Abilify, which is the absolute same as Aripipazol, and overall, a much better med. Mind you, if I have any external and or internal at home stresses, then the weight does go u p, or weight gained following on from a holiday.

I am very much involved with Fitness, and hopefully, once when I can get back safely to British time zone normally I had been away on hols, I'll resume my morning fitness workouts, or during the time if parents are out shopping.

I combine for my weight loss programming with a off own safe back dieting, and working out to fitness dvds. Attending the odd or regular fitness classes as well.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Yeah I was getting 'fat shaming' messages today telepathically. The idiots are ignorant since:

1. Being fat is fine.
2. If they were on olanzapine for 20 years I dare say they would be a bit portly too.

L

linus

To me it seems you are the one judging yourself. Forgive yourself, you have a tough time. These are your thoughts.

burt tomato

burt tomato

To me it seems you are the one judging yourself. Forgive yourself, you have a tough time. These are your thoughts.
It could be. I can't help feeling the way I do. Thanks tho Linus. :)

L

linus

With or without mental troubles we all project our thinking to the others. We assume too much what others think about us with exactly things that concern us usually.

L

linus

Plus, you are saying it yourself: “feeling the way I do”, these are feelings, emotions.

FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack

Its now been 8 years since I started taking olanzapine and the weight STILL hasn't come off. You know those fitness belts, I have gone on them EVERYDAY for THREE hours for three and a half years.
Whats so good about the NHS when they force you to take this. I despise the ppl that made me take this.
I found the same with that drug. I was so angry with the NHS for having it as a first line treatment. I still have not lost all the weight I put on and I have been off it for a few years now.