• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Thanks for chatting to me over the past few weeks

D

Dooley

I was hoping to chat with people on here to help me through the day, to help pass the time and to maybe have a laugh and a joke about whatever but i noticed that people on here have their favourites and chat one to one, follow each other and that is understandable.
Thanks for chatting to me whilst i have been on here.
If you want to message me feel free. If not, it's ok.
Take care everyone.

D

Di9nysus

Are you looking for a PM chat or forum chat?

I don't have any favourites as I am new. Maybe people that have been posting longer get on better with certain forum members. That's understandable. I have found the forum very welcoming and friendly.

Di9

I

indigo6

Im sorry Dooley that you have observed this. Sometimes I only look at certain posts or often dont know what to say. Or wear myself out. I also have said very similar things I hate repeating myself.
Theres some folks that come out with funny random posts just one liners and often Im not up to giving advice anymore (posted alot about therapy, anxiety etc) but I do feel ok about commenting on a fun post.
You can PM me anytime about any problem. Dont feel left out.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

I dont always reply to people cause i'm either burning out from helping others, or i dont know what to say that will help :hug:

M

Marianda

Hi @Dooley merry christmas. I come to the forum occassionally and I am also new to it. I hope you had a nice christmas . Last night I had a small christmas dinner with my sister . Today everything is closed so I am just visiting the forum to see what's going on.

S

Scarlett2

I was wondering the same thing a forum chat or Pm chat. I'm new to here, but I love talking to people. This has been kind of my "escape" from my real world... Like my comfort place Because who needs real friends when you can just have internet friends 😂 Feel free to message if you need to talk or need a friend !

M

Marianda

@Scarlett2 I also came to the forum looking for some friends. My depression got worse this year and I lost my job. SInce I had nobody to turn to in the real world I joined the forum looking for some understanding. I hope you had a nice Christmas!!!

D

Dooley

Thanks to constant bullying in the past etc.....name calling.......it made me nervous. I have always been nervous. Fast forward to today, my neighbours think i am weird and don't talk to me, only because they were told not to like me. "We don't like him, he's weird."
So, pass it down the road....nobody likes me. Nobody knows me but they don't like me because they were told not to like me. I am on my own. Have a wife 15 years younger than me but looks 25 years younger. We are only apart because i can't enter the USA , Pah! But, forget that. My social anxiety has become so bad that i can't even talk to people. Just a bag of nerves. So i joined this forum. Even on here i find it hard to talk to people. I can't open up and be my childish self, yeah, i am 54 but i still act and feel young. Maybe it's becsuse my wife is 39 and our Son is 12.
I came on here to chat with people . I opened a few posts but nobody seemed interested in looking at them or anything. Perhaps i am just a boring person. Maybe i am a freak. Then i looked and noticed people had loads of followers etc.....and they were always chatting to each other. I can understand that. People have got used to each other and prefer chatting to each other. Which is good. Of course it is. Then there's people like me, looking through noticing this and yeah, feel left out. Not replying to my recent posts and well,..it just maked me feel unwanted. It makes me feel like the forum is like the outside world, my world, making me think i am a freak. Boring. Unintersting.
Sorry for sounding like a big cry baby. I am not. My life is full of shit and i am that used to it that i forgotton how to cry. I do get depressed, but not actually cry.
Thanks for reading this. Sorry for boring you.
If you want to IM me or whatever you call it feel free to do so.
Take care!

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Thanks to constant bullying in the past etc.....name calling.......it made me nervous. I have always been nervous. Fast forward to today, my neighbours think i am weird and don't talk to me, only because they were told not to like me. "We don't like him, he's weird."
So, pass it down the road....nobody likes me. Nobody knows me but they don't like me because they were told not to like me. I am on my own. Have a wife 15 years younger than me but looks 25 years younger. We are only apart because i can't enter the USA , Pah! But, forget that. My social anxiety has become so bad that i can't even talk to people. Just a bag of nerves. So i joined this forum. Even on here i find it hard to talk to people. I can't open up and be my childish self, yeah, i am 54 but i still act and feel young. Maybe it's becsuse my wife is 39 and our Son is 12.
I came on here to chat with people . I opened a few posts but nobody seemed interested in looking at them or anything. Perhaps i am just a boring person. Maybe i am a freak. Then i looked and noticed people had loads of followers etc.....and they were always chatting to each other. I can understand that. People have got used to each other and prefer chatting to each other. Which is good. Of course it is. Then there's people like me, looking through noticing this and yeah, feel left out. Not replying to my recent posts and well,..it just maked me feel unwanted. It makes me feel like the forum is like the outside world, my world, making me think i am a freak. Boring. Unintersting.
Sorry for sounding like a big cry baby. I am not. My life is full of shit and i am that used to it that i forgotton how to cry. I do get depressed, but not actually cry.
Take care!
you are not boring anyone here, we want to help :hug: we do like you here

D

Di9nysus

Take care!
Why don't you start an IM/PM with one or several of the members here? I say this as some may not wish to start a chat but are happy to respond. I am one of them.

Happy to respond to PM's if you wish to chat and will be about for the next hour.

Di9

M

Marianda

@Dooley I also experienced sending posts and getting no replies. That should not make you mad. I hope you had a nice Christmas!!!! Although i dont suffer of social anxiety, i can understand how difficult it must be.

D

Dooley

@Dooley I also experienced sending posts and getting no replies. That should not make you mad. I hope you had a nice Christmas!!!! Although i dont suffer of social anxiety, i can understand how difficult it must be.
Hi,
Christmas is just another day for me this year because i have no friends other than the ones i have 200 miles awsy where i used to live.
Family.....wife/son in USA. Me banned from USA so stuck here until they come back.
Hope you had a nice day.

N

Nukelavee

Honestly? I shy away from topics I've got nothing to help with. I don't think I have any followers, and I don't follow anybody, really.

For me, it's not favourites, it's people I think I can help a teeny bit; but, for me, my empathy is too much. It's hard seeing how people feel, and wanting to make them feel better, and fearing I can't.

Having said that - it's not that I ignore people, it's that I just can't respond to everything... I'd never quit.

for what it's worth - sometimes, dude, just ask. Like you did. Sitting back and hoping to be included is something many of us struggle with. Asking for help, or just some validation, is hard for some us, but that doesn't make us greedy or annoying when we do ask.

Hope you feel a bit less alone here, now.

D

Dooley

Why can't the USA say yes you are married to an american woman, and have been for 15 years and have a 12 year old boy. Why can't they say yes you can stay here, you have been for 7 years anyway. No. They are saying no you are not coming back to this country not even for the 90 days with the visa waiver. They are say stuff you, you have to prove you can support yourself, answer a million and one questions correctly and then if we let you in you can only stay if you get a job and pay taxes. Yeah right. I am skint. So just waiting for her to get her visa sorted to come back here.

S

Scarlett2

Why can't the USA say yes you are married to an american woman, and have been for 15 years and have a 12 year old boy. Why can't they say yes you can stay here, you have been for 7 years anyway. No. They are saying no you are not coming back to this country not even for the 90 days with the visa waiver. They are say stuff you, you have to prove you can support yourself, answer a million and one questions correctly and then if we let you in you can only stay if you get a job and pay taxes. Yeah right. I am skint. So just waiting for her to get her visa sorted to come back here.
Ina, very sorry to hear that, where are you living at if you don't mind me asking. I had a friend get departed before, I honestly thought my best friend at the time was going to marry him just so it wouldn't happen. Hope your wife gets her visa soon