• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

thanatophobia

Solitude1

Solitude1

Someone teach me how to deal with death calmly and die peacefully, then I don't want anything else in life.

Louizard

Louizard

Most, if not all people fear death, but you speak of a phobia for it, it's interesting. How does it effect you, or your daily life? Does this phobia prevent you from doing anything at all?
Ignore my questions above if I'm crossing boundaries.

Now, I'm less scared of death compared to a normal person, so I can't tell how you're feeling, but I'm going to share my point of view.
Before I answer- you say you wish to die peacefully and not to want anything else in life, what do you mean by that?

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I feel death scares us so much because life is good. We have plenty of opportunities and the service culture spoils us.

What is it that makes you fearful?

Solitude1

Solitude1

Most, if not all people fear death, but you speak of a phobia for it, it's interesting. How does it effect you, or your daily life? Does this phobia prevent you from doing anything at all?
Ignore my questions above if I'm crossing boundaries.

Now, I'm less scared of death compared to a normal person, so I can't tell how you're feeling, but I'm going to share my point of view.
Before I answer- you say you wish to die peacefully and not to want anything else in life, what do you mean by that?
It's mixed with illness anxiety for me. The slightest pain or discomfort makes me think I have a serious problem, and I'm going to die. The way it affects me? I have a constant fear that I'm going to die every moment. This makes me extremely depressed and exhausted so that I can't do anything. The past day I was lying down in bed all day.
I want to deal with death calmly because I can't continue this life anymore.
I want to die peacefully, and I only want that because I don't wanna live anymore.

Solitude1

Solitude1

I feel death scares us so much because life is good. We have plenty of opportunities and the service culture spoils us.

What is it that makes you fearful?
Many things, ranging from reasonable to irrelevant. The pain, the scary before death hallucinations, having to leave family, the uncertainty of what's after death, and some illogical reasons plus the fact that I have zero achievements in life.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Many things, ranging from reasonable to irrelevant. The pain, the scary before death hallucinations, having to leave family, the uncertainty of what's after death, and some illogical reasons plus the fact that I have zero achievements in life.
There is plenty of literature out there that can ease your fears. I recommend Raymond Moody, Brian Weiss, Michael Newton, Elizabeth Kubler-Ross among others.

Solitude1

Solitude1

There is plenty of literature out there that can ease your fears. I recommend Raymond Moody, Brian Weiss, Michael Newton, Elizabeth Kubler-Ross among others.
Thank you so much.

Louizard

Louizard

I can understand some of it, I have health anxiety and have gone to the ER countless times for silly reasons.

You fear death, but you wish for it now... I think you'd rather have this situation to end, to keep living but without this worry- which I'm sure is life draining. And believe me it's very much possible. But correct me if I'm wrong of course. Do you have someone to talk to, like a therapist or someone close to you?

As I view death, I don't fear it much because once it has come, it means I have fulfilled my purpose, which was simply to live. It's hard to explain, but before dying you have to live, get it? Have you lived?
There are multiple ways out, whether you can see them right now or can't. Live through one day at a time for now- and read what user Lord Burt suggested you, literature and art in general give you a good life battery.

Solitude1

Solitude1

I can understand some of it, I have health anxiety and have gone to the ER countless times for silly reasons.

You fear death, but you wish for it now... I think you'd rather have this situation to end, to keep living but without this worry- which I'm sure is life draining. And believe me it's very much possible. But correct me if I'm wrong of course. Do you have someone to talk to, like a therapist or someone close to you?

As I view death, I don't fear it much because once it has come, it means I have fulfilled my purpose, which was simply to live. It's hard to explain, but before dying you have to live, get it? Have you lived?
There are multiple ways out, whether you can see them right now or can't. Live through one day at a time for now- and read what user Lord Burt suggested you, literature and art in general give you a good life battery.
That's true, but it's not the only reason I don't wanna live anymore.
There's therapy, from university. I usually tend to escape from it. But they sometimes call me.
I don't think I've ever lived, except for my childhood.