• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Thanatophobia- Does anyone have this fear and does he keep affirming himself all day that its ok.

• Thread starter Anxiousalways88
  • Start date
A

Anxiousalways88

Hello,

I am a 32 year old lady. I have two kids.
Recently i have been thinking a lot about death. So much that my day starts and ends with these thoughts.

I keep saying myself since morning till night that its ok to die. Its ok. All would die. No one is here to stay.
I even think of worst cases that even my kids, husband , all my family is gonna see death.

I just feel that there should not be any death. Or even if it is.. you should be able to come back to your family and to this world. The thought of just not returning back to this world makes me sad and depressed.

All day i am thinking about it. And these thoughts are making my life miserable. I am unable to enjoy life or be happy. I am just lost all day and these thoughts make me tired.

What do i do? Any help would be great.

stygianiron222

stygianiron222

i think you should seek the help of a professional, and maybe also tell your husband bout your intrusive thoughts.

J

JeanPierre

Welcome here.
I'm so sorry you stuck on worry.
Please do talk to a doctor; your fears are irrational.
Best luck!

A

Anxiousalways88

i think you should seek the help of a professional, and maybe also tell your husband bout your intrusive thoughts.
I did have couple of sessions with the therapist but i did not find much help. She just said all wud be fine . Dont worry and stuff. I didnt find it much useful.
I am not sure if i can tell my husband much about it. I have spoken to him sometimes but repeating same things all time may irritate him. And i dont wanna be a wife who is irritating or bothering her partner. A wife who is depressed and stressed all time.
I fear he may also get depressed and sad due to my behaviour. 😒