• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Testing the water....

Colin76

Colin76

Founding Member
I have decided to test the water and see about doing some voluntery work for the british heart foundation for a couple of days a week working in one of their large stores here in northampton, I have been invited to go along for a taster session tomorrow morning. This will fill in the time between my I.T classes. I will only be doing a couple of days per week as i was doing some voluntery work about five months ago for four full days a week and eventualy crashed into a depression and didn't go back.

silly madam

silly madam

That sounds like a great idea Colin. A few days a week of responsibilty is probably enough. Just to get started.

I have found a job today quite by accident that is just 10 hours a week and is in my village. I am like you in that I have recently climbed out of a severe depression and hopefully will stay clear of them for a long time. (thats the plan anyway). This job would be ideal as I can manage those few hours and the job entails general office duties so there wont be any major pressure.

I hope you enjoy your taster session and I think this sort of thing is a great 'in' to get back into 'normal' life, if you know what i mean.

Lots of luck :hug: