• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Testing the water....

Colin76

Colin76

Founding Member
I have decided to test the water and see about doing some voluntery work for the british heart foundation for a couple of days a week working in one of their large stores here in northampton, I have been invited to go along for a taster session tomorrow morning. This will fill in the time between my I.T classes. I will only be doing a couple of days per week as i was doing some voluntery work about five months ago for four full days a week and eventualy crashed into a depression and didn't go back.

silly madam

silly madam

That sounds like a great idea Colin. A few days a week of responsibilty is probably enough. Just to get started.

I have found a job today quite by accident that is just 10 hours a week and is in my village. I am like you in that I have recently climbed out of a severe depression and hopefully will stay clear of them for a long time. (thats the plan anyway). This job would be ideal as I can manage those few hours and the job entails general office duties so there wont be any major pressure.

I hope you enjoy your taster session and I think this sort of thing is a great 'in' to get back into 'normal' life, if you know what i mean.

Lots of luck :hug:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 9