• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Terrified of going into work (feeling physically sick)

I

invisible2014

Hi I'm not sure what to do but I'm.feeling so terrified of going to work incase get in Trouble for something and feel I don't know what I'm doing anymore.ive got a new boss and gutted my old manager left.also these split shifts are not helping because I finish at nine and go back at three to six and it's making me feel physically sick tired unwell to do day tasks.im thinking of going to see doctor but if get signed off worried it would effect a new job opportunity as I'm applying for other jobs.its got so bad that I don't want to wake up anymore and can't stop crying.

D

Deleted member 91323

Former member
I think it is a good idea to go to the doctor and get signed off for work. It should not hinder your chances of getting another job. It sounds like you may benefit from a break as you are feeling very anxious over work.

You are actually very brave and strong. Despite having anxiety and finding work challenging you have continued to stay in your job and you try your best to go into work.

D

Deleted member 92692

Former member
Hi I'm not sure what to do but I'm.feeling so terrified of going to work incase get in Trouble for something and feel I don't know what I'm doing anymore.ive got a new boss and gutted my old manager left.also these split shifts are not helping because I finish at nine and go back at three to six and it's making me feel physically sick tired unwell to do day tasks.im thinking of going to see doctor but if get signed off worried it would effect a new job opportunity as I'm applying for other jobs.its got so bad that I don't want to wake up anymore and can't stop crying.
If your in the UK get a sick line off the doc for a start. That will give you 5 days. Then take a min and be honest with yourself. Are you fit to work. Is this a momentary lapse or somerhing else. Answer that then go from there.