• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Terrified if I'm attracted to my mother, or if it's just OCD

O

Otoman

My thoughts:

Due to the amount of trauma, isolation and rejection you've experienced, your mother symbolically presents your need for a true emotional, sexual and spiritual connection with a female.
The reason it's her and not some other woman is because your mother is the only female figure in your life that you've managed to establish a proper connection with. She's never rejected you.

This is you craving a true connection, and you shattering your last piece of confidence by projecting the whole thing onto your mother as a symbol of love, connection and safety. All due to your lack of confidence, i.e. your insecurities.

As you're in this downward spiral, you're experiencing reciprocal causality.
You've felt lonely, you've masturbated, you've felt horrified...and the loop goes on and on.

You'll stop this first by REALIZATION why is this happening, i.e. by acknowledging your fears and insecurities. You're basically so insecure and fearful, you regressed to a 4y/o.

R

Reddit384723

My thoughts:

Due to the amount of trauma, isolation and rejection you've experienced, your mother symbolically presents your need for a true emotional, sexual and spiritual connection with a female.
The reason it's her and not some other woman is because your mother is the only female figure in your life that you've managed to establish a proper connection with. She's never rejected you.

This is you craving a true connection, and you shattering your last piece of confidence by projecting the whole thing onto your mother as a symbol of love, connection and safety. All due to your lack of confidence, i.e. your insecurities.

As you're in this downward spiral, you're experiencing reciprocal causality.
You've felt lonely, you've masturbated, you've felt horrified...and the loop goes on and on.

You'll stop this first by REALIZATION why is this happening, i.e. by acknowledging your fears and insecurities. You're basically so insecure and fearful, you regressed to a 4y/o.
The thing is I do not have a great relationship with my mother, and am somewhat isolated from her.

O

Otoman

The thing is I do not have a great relationship with my mother, and am somewhat isolated from her.
Of course, because you isolated yourself from everyone, especially from her - as she is the one you're projecting upon.
Can you detect the moment when you started isolating?

E

Evelrn

I think Freud said boys are attracted to their mothers by nature but they get over this by getting a girlfriend. If you don't focus on this, it won't develop into something like OCD. You have to do a behavior that will be the opposite of this.
I think it’s OCD. Purposely think of your mother the next time you master bate. This is called ERP and CBT therapy. If you do it over and over again you will realize it’s silly. I think about a child in my trunk. So I’m constantly checking my trunk. My therapist told me to purposely think of the child and make it a horrible scene in your mind. The more you think you get numb to it. It takes time but it works.