• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Tentative Hello

orange_sox

orange_sox

Hi,

Thought I'd introduce myself, and give you all a bit of info about me.

I'm 19, female, diagnosed anxiety disorder + depression and I self harm. I can't break the cycles that I get myself into and it makes me feel like shit. I've been put on so many different meds I am like a walking chemist, they always make me feel worse. I have absolutely no-one to talk to in my life, which is why I took a huge leap of faith and joined this forum in the hope that someone can at least understand where I'm coming from.

Hopefully I will get to know some of you better.

XOXO

I forgot to add, I've been to see so many shrinks I can't remember their names, I am also blamed for being how I am by my family.

Aahbut

Aahbut

Hi Orange Sox, yes there are people here that know exactly how you feel, you are not alone now. Like you I have had more meds than I can remember, only hitting one that eased my depression by accident when I was given something for psychosis I developed. You will find a few people on here who's families are anything but helpful. I'm sure plenty more will welcome you to the forums.

D

Dollit

Hi Orange Sox and welcome to the forum. Little bit of magic goes on here, hope you catch some!

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi Orange Sox - welcome to the forum :welcome:. I'm sure that you'll quickly get to know us here and find out that many of us share similar circumstances with you and can offer a lot of support. Post when you are ready - I can think of quite a few threads that are current at the mo which would love to hear your perspective.

Take care,
Honey xx

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Hi orange sox and :welcome: to MHF, where you will find lots of supportive and friendly folks :)

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hi,

Thought I'd introduce myself, and give you all a bit of info about me.

I'm 19, female, diagnosed anxiety disorder + depression and I self harm. I can't break the cycles that I get myself into and it makes me feel like shit. I've been put on so many different meds I am like a walking chemist, they always make me feel worse. I have absolutely no-one to talk to in my life, which is why I took a huge leap of faith and joined this forum in the hope that someone can at least understand where I'm coming from.

Hopefully I will get to know some of you better.

XOXO

I forgot to add, I've been to see so many shrinks I can't remember their names, I am also blamed for being how I am by my family.
Hello and :welcome: to MHF :flowers:

ellamental

ellamental

Founding Member
hello there

Hi Orange Sox

welcome and all that:welcome:
there is always someone to talk to on here so please do not feel alone. I do not self harm myself but best friend does and have read a lot about it on here in order to try and understand a little bit more. It must be a nightmare for you?

On a lighter note...
Please tell me you dont really wear orange sox? i came down the other day weraing red star pj bottoms and a stripey jumper with pink stripey socks and my eldest son just raised an eyebrow and said..oh dear...she has been allowed to dress herself again!!

Hang on in there:grouphug:

orange_sox

orange_sox

hehe you made me smile ellamental - a first for me today.

I do indeed wear orange socks, frequently only one, with another totally unmatched sock... it's all part of my eccentricity :D

It is almost like a nightmare, but there are some days that are worse than others, just very very glad to have found this forum and some people that understand what I'm going through.

ellamental

ellamental

Founding Member
smiling? You cant be doing that round here!

smiling:)...well thats a fine thing then...put the telly on...NOW...who dares sings...now that will make you laugh your socks off! Britain sadly has not got talent...meaow! god love em for trying though!?

I do not know much but being eccentric is a good thing :clap: Unfortunately at your age (I know thats sounds patronising..sorry) I thought I should be just the same as everyone else and so went out with incredibly sensible people in order that some of it might rub off and calm me down...it didnt really work. Now I hang out with fellow eccentrics (y) who think I am great and that does rub off a bit..sometimes anyway. So..you are ahead of me...wearing your odd socks deliberately..go girl!

Now is that really a picture of you because if you don't mind me saying so..you are a bit of a looker and this must be a positive?

have you read any of the other posts on self harm? There are quite a few and I have only just noticed the book tab at the top of the page so am still ordering every book on my condition and reading very little...hard to read when even a bit depressed.
Ella

orange_sox

orange_sox

Now is that really a picture of you because if you don't mind me saying so..you are a bit of a looker and this must be a positive?
Ella
Haha, I wish that was me! I do not look like that! I would love to though, just because I could stand in front of the mirror all day and say "wow, I look pretty good, I should be happy" but that's another story!

You're not patronising at all by the way, I'm not one of these teenagers that get's in a strop about people thinking I have no life experience, people have their own opinions, it's what makes us all unique (or uni-queue as I once pronounced it at the age of 10)

I don't think I've ever been anything other than eccentric, much to the disappointment of my school, parents etc - then again I think orange hair was a bit too far, even for me. I've always been fairly out there, I guess it's why I had a tough time fitting in when I was younger, but as I've got older (probably not wiser) I've learnt that it doesn't matter how I look, or what I do, I'll never be comfortable unless I'm truthful about who I am.

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Hey.. Just thought I would chime my two pence worth... I spend hours of my time wishing I was just like everyone else however, I have yet to find finding out who everyone else is! Strange but desperate to fit it. I told one particualar friend about my self halming and depression and she basically asked if this is because it was a trendy thing to do! :unsure:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ColdandAlone Introduce Yourself 10
R Introduce Yourself 2
DwarfRabbit Introduce Yourself 7
JamesWM2051 Introduce Yourself 8
bittergrey Introduce Yourself 5