Tension on Relationships and a Big Transition

E

Eccentricity

I officially hate this disorder.

My OCD is straining all of my relationships -- professional and personal. I just am overly careful about everything, and view all possibilities as probabilities. People are getting tired of it and just want me to leave them alone.
The problem is, if I leave them alone, I am alone. Alone and fighting the OCD. It doesn't go away just because people want it to. It doesn't stop affecting me because I dislike it.

On top of that, I'm making a big transition -- I'm in the States right now but coming to the UK for grad school in a couple of months. Talk about a stressful transition triggering more OCD! It's an already stressful situation compounded by OCD, and there's little support along the process. On top of it all, my therapist is sick and I have no one to contact.

The States doesn't have an OCD hotline, like the UK does. Apparently, here, we're expected to suck it up and live normally. :redface: Ok, ranting over.

E

Eccentricity

I'm not complaining in the least about getting to go to my university. I love it very much and am so happy about it. It's just frustrating to experience this much stress all at once!

blueflames

blueflames

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hopefully the support here will help. It is a nice place and foreigners and normally very welcomed so please try not to worry=)

I think that you might just try and have to deal with the increase in compulsions until you are settled again=( have you tried all your taught methods to deal with it?

I am sorry that it is so hard for you<3

For the record, most of the helplines we have here are pretty crap xxx

E

Eccentricity

Ah – but at least you have them.
I think I have GAD along with the OCD, and yes, my therapist told me the same thing about dealing with the compulsions/anxiety.
Trying not to annoy everyone at my new university by calling...or emailing....and checking and checking and checking.
It's not working. They're annoyed. I think. I also have Aspergers so I can't tell either way. :panic:

blueflames

blueflames

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Maybe start a thread here as a 'fake' email place to send all those questions and we will answer them for you??

That way you don't keep emailing them.

I understand the thoughts problems, mine drive me mad sometimes and I become obsessed with stuff xxx

E

Eccentricity

I would, but some of those questions contain identity-sensitive stuff.
Great idea, otherwise.