• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Tension headaches?

T

Twinkl3dom

Hello all,

I have recently been getting a tight band/heaviness feeling in my head, particularly at the front. I also have neck/shoulder pain. At the moment the pressure is there and quite painful/annoying. It started after an anxiety attack and hasn’t gone away, which is now making me panic more.
I googled (the worse thing to do) and it’s said about a brain aneurysm or tumour... considering I have health anxiety this was not welcome news. I’m too scared to google any more to do with brain aneurysms as I know I’ll think I’m having one even more than I already do.
Has anyone experienced tension headaches before? And if so did you feel a heavy feeling with a tight band?
Or could it be something worse?
I’m having bloods next week due to an unrelated issue so I guess if it’s a brain tumour something might show, but as of right now I’m worried it’s an aneurysm.

Any advice would be appreciated please.
Thank you xx

Talina

Talina

Forum Safety Team
When I get tension headache I get a band pressure around my head. Quite common to get when I’m stressed or my depression get worse. Taking a walk and get fresh air can ease it up, but I often choice sleeping/ short nap. It will go away after I’ve calmed down and not stressing.

If it still too much you can take a painkiller and it will go away quite fast.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

i would say its probably a tension headache ,i get them when i can't sleep
i hope you get the all clear and please let us know how you get on xxx

E

EclipticNight

I get them all the time. It's nothing to worry about. Normally I wait it out, if its refusing to go away I'll take a nap, if that fails I'll pop some advil. That always works but I have ulcers so I try to avoid it. Really hot water sometimes helps me as well.

W

WanderingA

I get this all the time too.. Get a neck massage or hot bath/shower.. Hot water bottle also works wonders.. Also for brain aneurysm my dad actually had this back in August. When you have a brain aneurysm you won't know it's there until it pops then you have 50/50 chance either u die on the spot in which case you'll never know or it will feel like someone has hit you so hard at the back of your head you won't be able to open your eyes because of the light you would be in excruciating pain. I only know this cause I was with my dad all the way through his.. I used to think like this too when I got my headaches but it isn't the case with aneurysm.. Its extremely scary to read but u can assure yourself that unless you feel like the above then you don't have an aneurysm... I hope this helps you a bit.

L

Laudanum

I've got one now. They started appearing about 7 weeks ago. They are very mild but persistent.

I had a phone call with a doctor who didn't think it was anything to worry about, but I arranged a private brain MRI for last week and got the results monday (didn't find anything).

Here are some links for things I googled. Note headaches are rarely a sign of a tumour.

T

Twinkl3dom

Thank you all so much for your help and advice and lots of love and hugs to everyone who has had a bad experience with getting the tension headaches and also family members that have fallen ill.
I have a visit to the doctors tomorrow and a blood test so I’m hoping that that should ease my worked a bit if it’s good news. Xxx

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Q Anxiety Forum 2
D Anxiety Forum 1
P Anxiety Forum 8
F Anxiety Forum 1
C Anxiety Forum 2