• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

telling people

N

nattyone

have u told anyone you have bipolar ?
what did they say ?
who did you tell and has it made a difference to how they treat you ?
is it a good thing to do or is it better to just keep quiet?

J

jema88

i tell poeple im quite open about it..
people just call me crazy which sometimes is actaully a bit upsetting... nobody really treats me any different.. but i wish i had someone who really understood there things a felt and things i go through... =( xxx

jax

jax

I'm very open about my illness. I have not had any problems. Most people in my church had never heard of it or thought it was something else than what it was. I found people are interested in knowing more about it.

sarahcherry

sarahcherry

it is a minefield! I would just tell your close friends and family, just treat it as any other illness. If you found out say for example you had a heart problem and had to take medication for it, which many people do. just think who you would tell? you would tell your best friends and famiy. However I have found out the hard way that some people you may thinka re good friends will not understand. there is no point worrying about it, you just have to not involve people like that in your life x:)